“Good food, parking is hard though”
Review of Boneheads - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Boneheads
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Service a little slow - but the food is great! I had the salmon with pineapple, decent portions, very nice price! Good taste, no after-taste so you know the fish was fresh, ambiance is - well, Boneheads! Kind of a younger persons place I guess, but hell I don't mind the looks I get - the food is too good, and definitely healthier than anyone else for miles! We definitely need more of these restaurants around! Just wish the parking was a little better.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Yes thats Right my Teen Daughter eats the Salmon here and she loves it, ask constantly to go back, the menu is healthy if you chose it to be, Food arrived warm to the table, If It didnt I would send it back, but not a problem for us ever, Also it is a place to go in get a good value meal and get out, Boneheads doesn't claim to be a 5 star restaurant. I recommend it highly

Reviewed 19 January 2012

What do you get when you throw a couple of steamed tortillas, some kind of pineapple coleslaw that is not that great, and the thinnest slice of Mahi Mahi? A very mediocre fish taco. Arrives to the table already cold with the wheat tortillas (yes, because they have the audacity to put two to support the taco!) tasting stale, cold and with no quality. The fish is so thin it is a joke. At first it seems you are getting a sizable taco, but when you take all the ingredients away and only leave the fish, you realize the amount of fish per taco is just not right. This place was voted best restaurant of 2008? When we arrived we were the only customers, spent about $35 for three people and the only food that was half acceptable was the clam chowder. A large bowl for around $3 and not too bad in taste. I am so sick and tired of places that serve the food without any concern wether you will like it or not. This place is not a place where the culinary takes first place. I have tried their Barramundi fish, and yes, it was tasty. The first time we try something else the harsh reality brought us crashing down. They have lowered their standards and it shows, a lot of employees nosing around, and yet unable to deliver a good product. I had the half chicken which was barely acceptable. I am sure it was cooked hours earlier for it was dried and no more than average. Their grill zucchini is a healthy alternative and must be noted.
Boneheads made a Bonehead of my family and me, vowing next time we buy our own fish and eat 3 times as good. This is not mecca for tacos, that is for sure. 2.5 Stars.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

It's fish - but small portions and not good value. It's a franchise and they do it by the book - but as seafood places go, this one is not good value. Stark store type restaurant, no atmosphere, and poor value. I've eaten there three times and I won't go again - nothing specific except that it is poor value.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

Healthy and fresh and they make it easy to eat your fish and vegetables too. Take out or eat in but ask for a to go cup for your drink so you can take one with you if you eat in. Reasonably timed from grill to table and the tea is fresh. The friend zucchini and the Asian slaw are favorites and if you really splurge on calories the bonehead shrimp appetizer is fantastic. The salads are large and you can add fish or not. The great bargains are the entree fish with the sides. A popular spot at lunch so plan ahead.