I purchased the groupon from Living Social for the 2 night deal Sunday-Tuesday. I did a lot of research on which of their cabins we should stay in and I chose this one because it had three different levels, an open floor plan, and plenty of space! There were 2 married couples with a 1 year old / 3 month old and the space was perfect.
- Wood floors were clean
- Bedrooms were nice
- Kitchen had everything we needed including pots, pans, utensils, dish soap
- Trash bags
- Mountain Fresh Spring Water (Of Course)
- Easy access to get in
- Easy to find location
- Enough parking for the three cars
- Spacious King size bed
- Clean bathrooms
I'm giving this rental a 5 star rating but I do have to mention:
- one of the spindles on the stairway was lose and it was our 1 year old that figured it out. I emailed Grant when he followed up about our retreat and he said they have now been tightened.
- The lower level gets really cold at night (as in freezing) while the upper level gets really hot at night (as in HOT). Since I get really sensitive to heat we moved from the top queen room to the middle queen room which was better for our playpen and the bed.
- In the upstairs queen room there was also a hole in the wall that Grant said they were getting checked ASAP.
- We thought it would be snowing in Lake Arrowhead in February.. but it wasnt. LOL.
Special things to note:
Their customer service is amazing so I had no real issues. We were running late, as you can imagine when you're trying to get out of the house and I called the number listed in the book -- they gave us a little extra time to get out without paying extra.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||Large groups|
Nice accommodations for a group, though better suited for 8 than 10. The view from the deck is lovely - we took it in during sunset happy hour and Sunday morning yoga. I can't imagine going to Lake Arrowhead without having the passes to the beach club. That's why I would choose this rental over others again.
Other travelers should know that the neighbor next door will express his desire for you to keep quiet and turn off the outdoor lights... At 9 pm.
We had a great experience living at the Arctic Lodge! Lodge is clean and well maintained. The furniture and the bedding is new.
The Lodge has a a wonderful view of the mountains on the west from the patio. It has a grill on the patio and barbeque is a lot of fun.
We went to the lodge with our friends. Our kids and our friends' kids; all of us had a very enjoyable and memorable experience. I would definitely take my family back to Arctic Lodge for a weekend getaway.