We wanted a non-chain hotel for our long weekend in SoCal, so I booked the Laguna Hills Lodge based on the many positive TripAdvisor reviews. I could not have been more pleased with our experience, especially for the price! The location (just off the 5) was perfect for us, as we wanted a location central to our day trips to area beaches, Palm Springs, and San Diego. Check-in was quick and painless and made extra-special with freshly baked cookies. After unpacking, my husband had to get his fish taco fix at Rubio's, so we made the easy walk across the street to the Laguna Mall. I did not use the pool nor the hot tub, but my husband pronounced them "just fine." We both made use of the fitness room, which came equipped with two incline treadmills, a cycle, and a circuit weight system. (Running on a treadmill is a lot more enjoyable overlooking a pool!) The room was larger than I'd expected and included a microwave, a mini-fridge/freezer combo, and a separate sink/shower/tub. If you're a smoker - especially one not accustomed to California's strict smoking laws - you'll want to request a smoking room, as there is only one designated smoking area on the property. Our room faced a relatively busy street, but I didn't find the traffic noise to be noticeable at all, and the area itself was absolutely safe (speaking of which, it's also across from a fire station - but again, the noise wasn't an issue for this city dweller.) The continental breakfast was better than I've had at more expensive lodges: coffee, fresh fruit, juices, yogurt, dry and hot cereal, danishes, etc. We'll definitely stay in this little gem of a property again on future trips to the OC!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of southern coastal Orange County, the Lodge assures our guests convenience and personal attention to detail from our dedicated and experienced staff. Newly renovated guestrooms include the following complimentary amenities: continental breakfast, parking, high speed internet and Wi-Fi access, coffee service, local phone calls, microwave, refrigerator, hairdryers and irons. Enjoy our large swimming pool, whirlpool, fitness center and Finnish saunas. Easy access to Southern California attractions, shopping and business centers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Laguna Hills Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Hills Hotel Laguna Hills
- Laguna Hills Lodge Orange County