“It was ok”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2015

The food was pretty average. I had the egg fu young, which wasn't typical egg fu young. They did have good specials and there was a lot of food for the price. The food could definitely use a bit more flavor.

Reviewed 15 June 2015

This restaurant is a local Chinese restaurant which has been in the same local for more than the 16 years I have resided here.
Yes; there have been several owners but the menu and everything seems to have remained the same.
If you desire Chinese food locally without driving it is a good choice; the food is good the prices are fair. As a matter of fact the early bird prices prior to 6:00PM are a good deal.

1  Thank arnold s
Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you are getting take out for your folks in Laguna Woods or taking your great auntie out to Chinese lunch, Mandarin Terrace is more than adequate for Chinese food. No one is going to pretend that Mandarin Terrace will make you skip the great Chinese restaurants of Irvine, but it is good for the immediate area.

The food is altered for the area they serve, the old folks of Laguna Woods Village who grew up in the chop suey era of Chinese food in the U.S.

I've never had a bad meal here nor found a dish I didn't enjoy. Hot Dry Braised, Mongolian Lamb and the Hunan Lamb are my favorite meat dishes and I love the chow fun (foon) over the lo mein noodles.

The owners are also great too. They have been very accommodating when ever we've been there.

1  Thank scottca075
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Terrible place! Stay away! I ordered my food and told them i was highly allergic to mushrooms. They said no problem. When I picked up my food I waited for over 15 MINUTES before I was waiting on as the food sat on the counter getting cold. I told the man the food was cold he said it is find. We are busy. I told him i waited over 15 minutes as the food was getting cold. He said it is fine. When I got to the house the food was ice cold and each dish had mushrooms in it. I called to complain and he said I told the kitchen no mushrooms. Again he said we are busy. I said I don't care if you are busy I will be in the emergency room. He said rudely what do you want me to do, we are busy. After going back and forth I said I want my money back. He said again we are busy then said fine. I told him I want a receipt showing the refund he said he would not do that. I have never had such poor customer service, I will never go back and suggest everyone stay far away! The food sucks, stay away!

1  Thank Amy K
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Very upsetting finding a staple on my food!. All the server had to say is sorry and walked away! Worst service I have ever experienced. Never going again.