“Good Chinese for Laguna Woods Village”
Review of Mandarin Terrace Restaurant - CLOSED

Mandarin Terrace Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you are getting take out for your folks in Laguna Woods or taking your great auntie out to Chinese lunch, Mandarin Terrace is more than adequate for Chinese food. No one is going to pretend that Mandarin Terrace will make you skip the great Chinese restaurants of Irvine, but it is good for the immediate area.

The food is altered for the area they serve, the old folks of Laguna Woods Village who grew up in the chop suey era of Chinese food in the U.S.

I've never had a bad meal here nor found a dish I didn't enjoy. Hot Dry Braised, Mongolian Lamb and the Hunan Lamb are my favorite meat dishes and I love the chow fun (foon) over the lo mein noodles.

The owners are also great too. They have been very accommodating when ever we've been there.

1  Thank scottca075

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Terrible place! Stay away! I ordered my food and told them i was highly allergic to mushrooms. They said no problem. When I picked up my food I waited for over 15 MINUTES before I was waiting on as the food sat on the counter getting cold. I told the man the food was cold he said it is find. We are busy. I told him i waited over 15 minutes as the food was getting cold. He said it is fine. When I got to the house the food was ice cold and each dish had mushrooms in it. I called to complain and he said I told the kitchen no mushrooms. Again he said we are busy. I said I don't care if you are busy I will be in the emergency room. He said rudely what do you want me to do, we are busy. After going back and forth I said I want my money back. He said again we are busy then said fine. I told him I want a receipt showing the refund he said he would not do that. I have never had such poor customer service, I will never go back and suggest everyone stay far away! The food sucks, stay away!

1  Thank Amy K
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Very upsetting finding a staple on my food!. All the server had to say is sorry and walked away! Worst service I have ever experienced. Never going again.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

We've been going here for about 15 years now, some of the best service of any restaurant in the Laguna Hills area. The food is above average. While the ownership may have changed the servers haven't and they often remember your unique details when ordering.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

This is an excellent Chinese restaurant. Great food, some of them are east coast style, nice. Service is super. Gloria, the waitress is the best . Lunch special starts from $7,45, such a great value for a restaurant like this. Dine in, take out, and delivery, anyway you want. For sure, I will come back...