“Years”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We've been going here for about 15 years now, some of the best service of any restaurant in the Laguna Hills area. The food is above average. While the ownership may have changed the servers haven't and they often remember your unique details when ordering.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

This is an excellent Chinese restaurant. Great food, some of them are east coast style, nice. Service is super. Gloria, the waitress is the best . Lunch special starts from $7,45, such a great value for a restaurant like this. Dine in, take out, and delivery, anyway you want. For sure, I will come back...

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Full menu. Everything is well prepared and served. Ornate dining room. Take out available, Pleasant

2  Thank Jwwanderer39
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I came here with my family last Sunday night. It was busy! We ordered Mongolian Beef, Honey Walnut Shrimp, Kung Pao chicken, plus wonton soup. The soup tastes so fresh. Yes, fresh! I don't know how they made it. Never got such a good soup before. The Mongolian Beef is absolutely fabulous. The beef is so tender, with great taste. I asked the waiter what kind beef it is. He said I don't know exactly which kind, but my boss keep telling us to recommend beef dish because we have the best beef, and it's much more expensive than shrimp. Wow. Their Honey walnut shrimp is somekind red color, kind different from what we got from other Chinese restaurant, which is normally white. It's a little bit surprise to me, but it tastes good. Kung Pao chicken is my favorite. Not very spicy, Very special flavor. My wife took a bite, and said it's much better than PF Chang's.

We like the servers here too. They are very attentive, friendly, and they move fast!

We are happy we found our best Chinese restaurant! We definitely will come back again!

2  Thank pepust
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Been coming to Mandarin Terrace for almost 30 years now. Was one of their first customers if not THE first when Tammy and Steven opened. Sadly since it changed hands the quality control is down. The Crispy Duck wasn't fresh and had it replaced w/ Hot Braised Shrimp. Same problem. Either the meat had been left out too long or the temperatures aren't right in the freezer/fridge. The cooking is also slipping. The shrimp wasn't seasoned or browned in the wok at all. It was the most bland and flavorless shrimp I've ever had apart from tasting like it was old. The sauce was thin and soupy, poured right over the shrimp. The whole thing tasted like it came out of a microwave, not cooked in a seasoned wok. The sauce was more like sweet and sour than anything aromatic, pungent or spicy.

The new owner came out to explain their 'preparation' but didn't explain why it tasted 'off'. His palate is off and is not able to oversee the cooking and recipes. Steven was a chef and everything came out right, the new guy isn't. I see no love of food in the cooking anymore. The new owner said when we come back he won't be able to serve us duck or shrimp anymore. I said it's not a problem since we wont be back! Great customer service right? Instead of looking into the problem to fix it, he won't serve it to you. That'll fix it....

Sad end of an era for our family. 30 years eating their unique dishes over and done. If you want plain, ordinary American style Chinese food like sweet and sour, mu shu, chop suey and egg foo young Mandarin Terrace is fine for you. The specialties are no long special, keep to the value menu. Though they really don't have one.

1  Thank Foodie1321