“Dad’s Day at the Cooperage”

The Cooperage American Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cooperage American Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 81 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Four of us went for dinner to celebrate dad’s day. As we waited for the other two to arrive, we looked at the wine list. $40 to over $300, with most bottles 50 and more. We were disappointed that the same wine we can buy in the real world for 14 or 15 dollars is over 60 here. Better to have brought our own and paid corkage. For a light dinner, one of us had crab cakes, two very very small cakes about the size of a medium scallop, and a Caesar salad, the second had French onion soup and salad. The third had fish tacos which were slightly sweet rather than spicy. And the fourth had a French dip sandwich and a Caesar salad with very little dressing on it.
Our wait person stopped by a couple of times, was pleasant enough but not particularly attentive to things like empty glasses, etc. the Cooperage is a large place with a couple of rooms, plus outdoor seating, high ceilings and an industrial look . This setting results in a pretty noisy atmosphere and we had a bit of trouble hearing one another. But it’s a casual restaurant, not fine dining, so all of that was to be expected. We’ll probably go again- the burgers are good- but not when there are large families celebrating! Priced moderately, we paid $220 with tip.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I was in the area on a visit and thought I'd try some of the local places. My first stop was the Cooperage, a nice looking place just off the main drag (a lot of good places in Lafayette are just off the main drag). I had a couple of beverages and downed the Cooperage burger, which was a very good choice. The burger was terrific, the beer excellent, and the staff was very friendly and efficient. When I return to the area, this would be on my short list for another visit.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

My wife and I had lunch there and were highly pleased. Seated promptly, server quickly followed and checked on us frequently. The food was very good, the setting is neat, and the whole experience was top shelf. We have family in this town and will visit there again without hesitation.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We took our daughter out to eat to celebrate her college graduation and had dinner at the Cooperage. We were seated promptly and ordered a bottle of wine. We skipped appetizers and ordered our entrees. We ordered the two specials that night - swordfish and shrimp risotto. The swordfish entree was excellent, but the risotto was disappointing. It lacked proper seasoning and did not that creamy texture that I expect with risotto. My son had the burger with a fried egg (which was really tasty) and my daughter had the pasta with a meat ragu (it was very good as well). Overall, we had a nice dinner, but it fell a little short of our expectations.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We went for lunch, music when walking in was very loud, hard to hear my table mate talking. Ordered lunch with was supposed to be the best Steak Salad, well it was NOT, meat tough, salad wilted and too much dressing, nothing out of the ordinary and not the best Steak Salad I have had, far from it.

NO bread serviced with dinner.