“Friendly and very good.”

The Cooperage American Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cooperage American Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 82 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I was in the area on a visit and thought I'd try some of the local places. My first stop was the Cooperage, a nice looking place just off the main drag (a lot of good places in Lafayette are just off the main drag). I had a couple of beverages and downed the Cooperage burger, which was a very good choice. The burger was terrific, the beer excellent, and the staff was very friendly and efficient. When I return to the area, this would be on my short list for another visit.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

My wife and I had lunch there and were highly pleased. Seated promptly, server quickly followed and checked on us frequently. The food was very good, the setting is neat, and the whole experience was top shelf. We have family in this town and will visit there again without hesitation.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We took our daughter out to eat to celebrate her college graduation and had dinner at the Cooperage. We were seated promptly and ordered a bottle of wine. We skipped appetizers and ordered our entrees. We ordered the two specials that night - swordfish and shrimp risotto. The swordfish entree was excellent, but the risotto was disappointing. It lacked proper seasoning and did not that creamy texture that I expect with risotto. My son had the burger with a fried egg (which was really tasty) and my daughter had the pasta with a meat ragu (it was very good as well). Overall, we had a nice dinner, but it fell a little short of our expectations.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We went for lunch, music when walking in was very loud, hard to hear my table mate talking. Ordered lunch with was supposed to be the best Steak Salad, well it was NOT, meat tough, salad wilted and too much dressing, nothing out of the ordinary and not the best Steak Salad I have had, far from it.

NO bread serviced with dinner.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Fun, popular, energetic casual restaurant. Accommodating & friendly wait staff. I ordered the veggie burger w/o bread, and it was pretty good. Could have used a bit more flavor, but it was satisfying. Good variety of sides to choose from, & I ordered slaw which I enjoyed because it wasn’t too mayonnaisy. Excellent outdoor seating. Parking is only on street & metered.