“I like the pizza dough”

Mangia Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #21 of 75 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I like the thick rim of dough around the edge of the pizza and I prefer the taste of the dough over chain pizza (e.g. Round Table). It can get noisy since it's a good to spot for team pizza parties, so order your pizza to go if you don't want to have to talk over screaming kids.

1  Thank Don N
There are newer reviews for Mangia Ristorante Pizzeria

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We split a spinach salad that was huge -- in fact they split it for us and we had two salad plates stacked high. It was pretty good, fresh. Penne with Bolognese was so so, just not enough depth of flavor. Lasagna was good, not great, but solid. I brought my own wine and the corkage was $10. The total bill including tax was $54, which I consider very inexpensive. Lots of kids there, not romantic, but fairly good layout and decor.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Being from NYS, it's difficult to find a pizza place up to my standards. But, this restaurant hits a home run each time I visit. I'm enamored with the pans they use. They resemble large round waffle irons, without the segments. They really help to cook the dough evenly. Their dough and sauce taste great. My favorite is the clams and garlic. My daughter's is the sausage. When you're bitten by the pizza craving - there's no better place in the Bay area.

1  Thank Michele C
Reviewed 1 July 2016

I really like the pizza at Mangia --- better than any other pizza in the area if/when they get the order right. But there have been enough negative experiences with the place that I cannot go back any more.

My last visit was "to go," and I decided I had to go and never come back.

1. I asked for the pizza to be uncut -- it was cut.
2. I asked for two toppings -- and there were 11 pepperoni on the pizza. Really? That's a topping??
3. And, finally, it looked like they dropped the pizza as the cheese was all on one side.

Their reaction was so "oh sorry, nothing we can do now unless you want to wait another 40 mins..." -- fuggetaboutit! (Note that the owner was standing right there -- and it's not like he hadn't seen me in the place a few dozen times in the past -- so clearly he isn't into customer service...)

1  Thank craig993
Reviewed 12 February 2016

Our first trip here. Lots of large tables for party and family. Pizza is great value. They are Huge. Ordered a medium it is bigger than most larges. A big heavy pizza if thats your style