“My Favorite Pizza Joint”

Mangia Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #21 of 75 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Being from NYS, it's difficult to find a pizza place up to my standards. But, this restaurant hits a home run each time I visit. I'm enamored with the pans they use. They resemble large round waffle irons, without the segments. They really help to cook the dough evenly. Their dough and sauce taste great. My favorite is the clams and garlic. My daughter's is the sausage. When you're bitten by the pizza craving - there's no better place in the Bay area.

1  Thank Michele C
There are newer reviews for Mangia Ristorante Pizzeria

Reviewed 1 July 2016

I really like the pizza at Mangia --- better than any other pizza in the area if/when they get the order right. But there have been enough negative experiences with the place that I cannot go back any more.

My last visit was "to go," and I decided I had to go and never come back.

1. I asked for the pizza to be uncut -- it was cut.
2. I asked for two toppings -- and there were 11 pepperoni on the pizza. Really? That's a topping??
3. And, finally, it looked like they dropped the pizza as the cheese was all on one side.

Their reaction was so "oh sorry, nothing we can do now unless you want to wait another 40 mins..." -- fuggetaboutit! (Note that the owner was standing right there -- and it's not like he hadn't seen me in the place a few dozen times in the past -- so clearly he isn't into customer service...)

1  Thank craig993
Reviewed 12 February 2016

Our first trip here. Lots of large tables for party and family. Pizza is great value. They are Huge. Ordered a medium it is bigger than most larges. A big heavy pizza if thats your style

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

Good food good prices....surprisingly good wine list...service was fast and friendly. Lunch veal ..salad..pasta...

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

Great food and good variety. Fast service and friendly staff. The pizza smell draws you in and the taste keeps you. Plenty of room for large groups or Pizza parties.