“Amazing salads, high end wine, a great place to go with the girls for lunch”

Sideboard Kitchen and coffee bar
Ranked #18 of 81 Restaurants in Lafayette
Reviewed 10 March 2018

I've dined at the Danville Sideboard many a time with my girlfriends, and was pleasantly surprised to see the same quality of wine and food at the newer location Lafayette. Tonight we dined on our favorite hearty Peasant Salad, topped with (our choice) of veggie burger and seared ahi tuna, along with crispy kale chips topped with shaved parmesan and a lemon wedge...a delicacy not to be missed! We enjoyed a generous pour of great chardonnay. I love the funky, vintage inspired decor as well as the outdoor and indoor seating, replete with cozy fleece blankets to put around your shoulders after the sun goes down.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I looked up this restarant's menu online and saw the peasant salad, which for me was perfect except for the bacon. Drove all the way just to find out that this salad is the one item on the entire menu that will not allow ANY change. Very disappointing. So either this food is not freshly prepared or they are being pretentious and are unwilling to do anything to their beautiful creation. I think I convinced someone to change the online menu so that no one else has to be disappointed. Ended up with the chicken salad, which was average.

1  Thank JaeBee2010
Reviewed 8 February 2018

The casual atmosphere and the congenial staff give Sideboard the feeling of an old time café. Deer heads and antlers hang from the walls, a wooden rooster guarding the window, miss matched cutlery, and self-service add to the charm. I ordered the ahi tuna melt and my colleague had a bowl of soup, both tasty with that home made taste. Sideboard is a very nice addition to Lafayette. Seating inside and outside. Street parking.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I am from out-of-town but visit Lafayette regularly and Sideboard has become my go-to for dinner. I love the salads, especially the Sautéed Peasant Salad. Fries are delicious. Had the tuna melt last night that melted in our mouths. Fabulously delicious and pretty lattes. Everything is organic. Love the deck outside where there are blankets and heaters if it's a bit chilly.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The Sideboard in Lafayette continues the great tradition that began with the Danville location. Healthy ingredients, innovative menu and interesting twists on classic comfort food makes for a unique experience. Whether it's homemade pastries in the morning or a unique chicken pot pie for dinner, you won't be disappointed! Sit on the heated deck, grab a blanket and kick back. Nice selection of libations...wine and beer.