OK, Thanksgiving in the desert, peak season, everything is expensive including here. We had a 2 queen casita with a private patio which was a great way to have our dog get some fresh air without worrying about other dogs or small children. I would call the decor in our room Spartan, and upon close examination, was definitely showing some wear. The carpet looked and felt a bit dirty, the blanket remnants (clearly for decoration only) at the end of the beds looked like they had never been washed. The nightstand between our two otherwise very comfy and clean beds, looked like it came from Target. But the room was spacious with a large flat screen tv, dresser and a small desk. The bathroom was spacious with lovey Mexican tile, but frayed bath towels, some with holes, are not worthy of $400 a night plus. And the rug on the bathroom floor again looked and felt dirty, so we rolled it up. The grounds are amazing and go on forever. They have multiple restaurants, shops, pools, activities, bikes.... but then it's things like charging $13 for a bag of Tates cookies that would cost $5 in a grocery store, or getting a room service bill for $60 for a $22 pizza and 2 small cokes....yikes! And lastly, yes it was Thanksgiving weekend, but we had to wait an hour past stated check in time to get our room as housekeeping was running behind....not good when you've been driving all day and you just want to lie down. Overall, it is a lovely place and I would go again....it's family friendly, dog friendly, would be great with a large group.....it's just little details that would tie it up with a bow. And seriously folks, $13????
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort California Desert