1,994 results
All reviews starlight casita adobe grill spa villa the mexican restaurant plunge pool pga west tennis courts spanish style ice maker beautiful grounds pools and hot tubs main pool gas fireplace great golf fitness center private patio desert oasis
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I'm so saddened and upset about the lobby remodel at the La Quinta Resort in La Quinta California. I have been visiting this resort for at least 25 years. The Resort which was built in 1926 was recently taken over by the Hilton . The lobby is now filled with airport lounge furniture, 2 huge big screen tabs and to add insult to injury even airport type line dividers for checkout . Whomever approved this design never took into consideration the history of the Resort and the charm and ambience it had for years. I agree that furnishings need to be replaced and updated but in a manner that keeps the essence of the original building which was an adobe. The lobby design looks modern cheap. The beautiful fireplaces are now topped with a plain wide plank of light colored wood and the old Spanish style furnishings are all gone . Thank goodness the landscape looks the same and Hilton hadn't installed artificial turf or ripped out the flower beds .... yet.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Katherine S, Director of Operations, Rooms at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Guest of La Quinta Resort & Club,

Thank you for being our loyal guest for so many years and for taking a few moments to share your feedback. Please know that we took great care to preserve the original architectural features and charm of the adobe lobby building while modernizing the interior so that all guests can admire it anew. La Quinta Resort has been part of Hilton's Waldorf Astoria brand for more than 10 years, and we are fortunate to have been able to upgrade many of the facilities during this time. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Stayed here one night for a wedding off property. Ideal location for that wedding. Hotel is fine, nothing great. Pretty location. Hectic check-in with confused valets tried to decide whether to take car and golf cart you to room or not. Spa villa was around a pool servicing 20 other rooms. Some people swam and partied late. Rooms was remodeled and large but felt kind of cheap. Bathroom kept the old Spanish tiles which was cute. Seemed like a slightly more upscale Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Leif R,

Thank you for being our guest. I apologize that we fell short in exceeding your expectations, and I hope we have an opportunity to redeem ourselves during a future stay with the luxury-level of service and accommodations you rightly expect.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

This place used to be good but it's gone down the tubes. The expensive rooms have beds that are incredibly painful but the less expensive rooms have comfortable beds. They now attract a lower class type of people that party in the room until all hours of the night and smoke inside the rooms. What's worse is that many of their rooms are adjoining rooms and they are not sound proof! You would think that if they are charging you $500 for a room that they would make it sound proof. Some managers run the place well and with an iron fist to the offenders but some managers need to learn to get a backbone. If people are being belligerent in their room, they should be moved and not the person who has to deal with it.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank LauraPatricia33

Dear LauraPatricia33,

I am terribly sorry to learn of your less-than-satisfactory experience. Seeing to our guests' comfort is our first priority, and clearly, much more should have been to ensure that you had a wonderful stay. Please accept my apologies for our unacceptable lapse in attentiveness and know that I will be addressing your concerns with our management staff to avoid other instances such as those you describe.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

we were looking for a place to celebrate our 25th anniversary. my wife decided to call La Quinta. this started a very positive stay at La Quinta Resort. the call taker worked with my wife to find the "perfect" location in the rather expansive grounds. when we arrived "things" just started to get better. the front desk receptionist was warm, pleasent and acknowledged we were there for our 25th. when we got to our room my wife was all smiles, she got what she ask for. a short while later a young man showed up with chocolate covered strawberrys on a 25th anniversary plate. style! we stayed just two days but your can rest assurred we will be back. La Quinta Resort can be very proud of their coustomer service, their employees and their facilities.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear GCSQ,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to provide you and your wife with a wonderful getaway on such a happy occasion. Fond memories for you are also fond memories for all of us at La Quinta Resort & Club. Please come see us again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I just spent four days at La Quinta Resort and I was not disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised with an automatic upgrade from a Starlight Casita to a Hideaway Casita. Overall, I enjoyed my time at the resort and plan on returning, but there were some less than bright spots.

First, The Pros
• Friendly and accommodating staff
• Private Casitas with enclosed patio space
• Extremely comfortable bedding
• A plethora of pools, you can avoid large crowds and noise (one day, I had the pool all to myself)
• Beautiful location
• Plenty of offsite dining and entertainment options (I recommend renting a car for flexibility and value)

The Cons
• Debris in the outdoor Casita whirlpool
• Debris and bugs in the pools, especially after the morning grass cutting
• Casita upkeep-while charming, these rooms (at least the 700 Casitas) have seen some better days

Feedback to Hotel Management
———
As a Designer in the user/consumer experience space, I’m always paying attention to the details that create delightful consumer moments. The Waldorf Astoria brand is synonymous with luxury and world-class accommodations, but I think this resort falls a bit short of the brand promise. A few improvements could help make the difference, while maintaining the signature Spanish charm.

MAINTENANCE/UPKEEP
I’d recommend placing tarps over the Casita whirlpools and large resort pools overnight to keep the water debris-free. I’d also encourage you to have daily morning pool maintenance, cleaning the critters and foliage out of the pools.

Maybe invest a few dollars into renovating the Casitas. New baseboards, re-grouting bath tiles, sand and reglaze the bathtubs so they’re completely white. Clean dark marks off of the patio walls. Wipe down the patio chairs and dust off the cushions on the lounge chairs, maybe have removable chair covers that can be laundered and changed at each guest check-out. Spray a fresh coat of paint on the patio furniture, especially the blue chipped paint on the table and the base of the sun umbrella. Replace the old folding closet doors and window shutters.

SAFETY
Add more lighting along the pathways at night, it was so dark, I had to use my phone’s flashlight to see myself to my room. Put electronic locks on the gates to the Casita entrances as a safety precaution. Like high-rise hotel towers, where you need to swipe your keycard in order to access floors, the same should apply to the hotel grounds.

COMFORT
Introduce digital tools for an improved consumer experience, such as digital keycard access via mobile devices, an augmented reality resort guide to help visitors navigate and explore the massive property, use of an iPad app to order room service, have trays removed, request housekeeping, make spa or restaurant appointments, call an Uber, etc.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank creativegirl75

Dear creativegirl75,

Thank you very much for being our guest and for your invaluable feedback. La Quinta Resort & Club strives to ensure that every guest's stay is comfortable, relaxing, and luxurious. While I am pleased that you found our service and desert setting so enjoyable, I, too, am disappointed that you found aspects of your stay to be less than perfect. Please know that I have shared your thoughtful comments with our leadership team for review. We look forward to your next visit and what I am confident will be stay that exceeds your expectations.

Best regards,