“Great outing”

Lake Cahuilla Recreation Area
Ranked #4 of 21 things to do in La Quinta
Reviewed 9 March 2018

The trails are well maintained and make walking easy though proper shoes are recommended. The level is between easy and moderate depending on the route chosen. Trails are well marked. The view out over the valley is great and the rock formations are well worth the visit. This is an outing for all ages but go in the morning to avoid the heat.

1  Thank Margaret S
"desert"
in 8 reviews
"shoes"

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Over the years (many years) I've fished here a lot .. but it's been a couple of years since my last time. I noticed some "other" sites reviews - specifically mentioning the staff and their unfriendliness and lack of help.

My experience has been totally different - I've called several times over the last month and each person I've spoken to has been very friendly and helpful. Don't be to quick to believe negative reviews.

I went fishing today - and John at the check in shack was really nice.

3  Thank wdm55
Reviewed 8 February 2018

We hiked this recreation area with our dog and it was lovely scenery, but we should have started more like 7 am until 9 am because even in December, the sun beat down on us hard and the dog pooped out before we finished. There's not much shade out there so wear sun-protective gear in addition to sunscreen and bring plenty of water. And you could do this in tennis shoes but hiking shoes are better suited for the terrain.

1  Thank JLFERG
Reviewed 5 February 2018

It was just a short drive from our hotel and it really amazed us. This a fee-only place for recreational activities. Even for spending few minutes in the beach is worthy. This is a fresh water ancient lake which has reduced to just 125 acres from 100 by 35 miles in past. So enjoy this beauty before its gone.

1  Thank TinaMLove