“Took my parents”

Kingswood Teppan Steakhouse
Ranked #17 of 123 Restaurants in La Puente
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 August 2017

This time I wanted to take my mom and her husband here. My wife and I come here every year on our way to a Dodger game and did so this year. My mom was skeptical, but her husband likes most anything. We brought them, they tried it and they loved it. We got our usual favorite selections of beef and pork with assorted vegetables and they loved it. They especially liked the fried bread and the fried rice. We will continue to come here year after year.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 10 August 2017

A coworker took me here several years ago and I've been back since with other coworkers. Part of the appeal is these co-workers come from other countries where there is no teppan. Good food, good selections, good show. Been here for both lunch and dinner.

The only quirk: the chefs speak Mandarin to any Asian on the first round of communication, even if that is was not Chinese.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 23 July 2016

My friends and I have been coming here for years. Now that I’m married to a Chinese National, she wanted to come back after our Dodger game because she loves hot pot. The hot pot is quite unique but they have made an addition that is great. You can now go and serve your own flavoring sauces and some other toppings and that has is an added bonus. I still prefer the hot pot in China but this is special for us and very nostalgic. I will come here before or after a Dodger game for as long as I can see.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

This place serves Teppan steak and Taiwanese hot pot at the same time. We went with Teppan, as one chef cooks and serves the food in front of the guests around a U-shaped table by his cooking station. There are many choices to choose from. One can choose one item (meat or seafood) dinner set or two/three items dinner combination. All diner sets come with soup, salad, rice (fried or white rice), and a dessert (jello). The more items one chooses, the more expensive it goes. I went with NY steak and scollops. The portion was ok, as there were only three collops. Good sized steak. I finished the meat and scollops but took the vegetables and rice home. Do note that rice comes before the meat and seafood, so don't have too much of rice as the main course comes after! Two people costs about $80 after tips.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank RachtheMage
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Yes, the food is full of flavor, but overall, it was a disappointing dining experience. Our cook was very entertaining as he prepared our dinner at our table. But unfortunately, parking in the plaza is very crowded during dinner hours, service is slow, and you leave the restaurant with your clothes having a food smell. There are other better choices for lunch or dinner. Overall, this restaurant is Not Recommended.

Date of visit: February 2016