“Decent option for Disneyland”

Holiday Inn La Mirada
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in La Mirada
Cody, Wyoming
“Decent option for Disneyland”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My sister and I stayed here for our "get-away-from-the-kids" trip to Disneyland. We enjoyed eating at the Red Robin in the lobby for dinner. The shuttle to Disneyland was convenient and we liked being able to choose the pick-up times. (In the summer that option might be different.) The room was clean and decent, and a great place to crash after playing hard at the Magic Kingdom. We stayed three nights. I don't know what else there was right around the location; we were mostly at Disneyland. But the complimentary shuttle did take guest to places like Walmart, too, so that would be convenient for families wanting to stock up on snacks.

Room Tip: Our room was inexpensive and looked out over the utility area in back of the hotel, but we weren'...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank WesternBusinesswoman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My family checked in earley evening. When we walked into the room it had an old smoke smell. It was a non-smoking room. We signed a $200 non smoking waiver at check in. After smelling this we called the hotel to let them know it was bad a very hard to breathe. They sent a maid up with a can of air freshner. After spraying we left for a few hours. We came back and it was still. So we asked for another room. We still needed 2 queens. So they just gave us a handicap room with 2 full size beds. When we asked if we can have a rollaway cause my family couldn't fit in those small beds they said no. It's only for rooms with king beds. The handicap bathroom was a joke. One shower and the entire bathroom was flooded. Also the was mold underneath the wallpaper which was peeling away from the walls. There is no vent fan to help reduced the hot air. Beds seemed very hard as well. This hotel needs to be upgraded. The Lobby area is nice and the folks at Red Robin are great.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Sportzcraz1
Hawaii
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The Manager Martin & the Front Desk Girls Dinna & Mirium are so awesome! Today is 2/14/12 Valentines Day and i wanted to do something small but special for my husband! SO Via Email and Telephone to me in Hawaii, Martin and his staff got a letter from me and re typed it on beautiful red paper in caligraphy writing and put it on my husbands bed with a bunch of hersey kisses candies on the bed! They didnt have to be so sweet, BUT THEY WERE! My husband loved it and I am just in awe at the guest sevice experiance I recieved and im not even there!!! If you want top knotch service that goes beyond to make the difference then then this is the place you need to stay!! Thanks agan Martin, Dianna & Mirium! ( I am not there but my husband travels alot for work and he loved how clean the rooms are, the beds were big and felt so good! beautiful lobby with this fire place where they went down to study and he loves the lounge, saved him alot of money from going out to bars!)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Shame on Holiday Inn for letting this property get to this level. I don't know what else to say other than for me traveling on business I will not be back untill the remodel. And as for the executive level don't waste your time as dirty bathrooms and broen fixtures seem to be all they have to offer!

Room Tip: I stayed on the freeway side and no issues with noise. I wish this was the only problem I had with t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dolce50

Travellers are raving about these La Mirada hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Room is big, good size bed!
Have several burgers joints to explore..
But too far to go downtown!

• Stayed February 2012
Good Nite Inn Buena Park
#2 of 18 in Buena Park
4.1 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park

Been to Holiday Inn La Mirada? Share your experiences!