“Great food with the view of paradize!”
Review of Crab Catcher

Crab Catcher
Reserve with OpenTable
Crab Catcher is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,242 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: USD 50 - USD 50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, View, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cave St.
Transit: On Torrey Pines Road at Prospect Place, two blocks from the restaurant.
Reviewed 19 January 2018

I love seefood and usually the best place to have it is on shore of a see or an ocean. I was in San Diego in January and went to la Jolla to view the shore and to find some good local seefood restaurant. I was recommended to go for lunch in CrabCather. The food was really good, I had clams and mussels, food I eat quite often and can judge if it good or not so. It was great! But the view from this place to laJolla bay, ocean is absolutly amazing!

1  Thank victorsF2393PE

Reviewed 19 January 2018

While in beautiful La Jolla, California we had the opportunity to dine at the Crab Catcher for a Saturday brunch. We had a nice view of the ocean as we dined to a variety of fare. They specialize, obviously, in seafood, but I had a Midwest specialty of Waffles & Chicken. All of my party were very pleased with their food as was I. The service was also excellent.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

My wife and I wandered in for lunch after talking to a couple in town who had eaten a wonderful dinner there the night before. The restaurant is not obvious from the street - below street level in a small building with a central courtyard.

We were warmly welcomed and seated on the outdoor terrace with a beautiful view of the cove. Our server Cassie was fabulous - friendly, efficient and attentive. Drinks arrived quickly accompanied by wonderful bread. I ordered a salmon salad and my wife an innovative crab cake sandwich. Both were excellent!

A wonderful intimate location for a nice meal with great views of La Jolla Cove!

2  Thank LightFighter
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Be careful of their oysters! I read good reviews before we went to Crab Catcher and was looking forward to dining there. We were a party of five for Happy Hour on Dec. 30. We ordered one dozen raw oysters and half a dozen roasted ones with spinach and bacon. Most likely, the raw oysters were the source of food poisoning for me and my daughter; we spent the next day and New Year’s Eve in bed and the bathroom. One of our friends also did not feel well afterwards, but hers did not develop into full blown poisoning.
I must also mention that some appetizers were not great, e.g. the fried calamari were not rings, but pieces, and did not taste of anything. The martinis were weak (well, it was a Happy Hour and probably the quality corresponded to the price). The service was good, though.
I would have written this review earlier, had I not being sick and in travel back to the East Coast.

1  Thank globalgourmet2018
Reviewed 2 January 2018

All six of us had appitisers, well done, and service was impeccable, brews and wine service very good

1  Thank casacontenta2