“Hidden Gem”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Reserve with OpenTable
La Dolce Vita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 1,245 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: USD 20 - USD 35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Thank you to all the dedicated TripAdvisor reviewers! Without your reviews we wouldn't have tried this place. It's truly a hidden gem. This is a small, authentic, Italian restaurant. We went on a Saturday night around 7. The place want packed, but the outside seating was almost full. They had live music and overhead sting lights. The ambiance was romantic and fun. It looked like we came at the right time when the regulars are there. A waiter and a regular treated us to some songs, older couples danced, and who I assume was the owner hopped on the cajon to accompany the keyboard player/singer. I ordered the ravioli which was delicious! My husband ordered the procuitto and penne pasta, but regretted his decision once he saw another tables lasagna come out. We also treated ourselves to the cannoli which was so good! It's very difficult to fine great cannoli. Give this place a shot for a fun night!

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had great food, enjoying live music. Nice people and friendly service. I give it five stars.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Staying in Carlsbad- decided to take a quick trip to la jolla - saw the sign for this restaurant located down a cute alley. Stopped for a quick lunch - my husband and I both had the special
- lobster ravioli in a cream sauce- fabulous - as well as the homemade bread served with olive oil and sun dried tomatoes.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Great setting and location. Friendly staff but pizza is just ok. A bit undercooked crust. But ambiance outside in the court is fantastic!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Cozy location, Great food and friendly staff. Go on the weekends for some wonderful entertainment. Sit indoors or out. Interesting shops just steps away.