1,637 results
All reviews mustangs and burros adobe restaurant hospitality fee salk institute wine bar beautiful grounds san diego outdoor fireplace resort fee self parking per day beautiful hotel ucsd campus pool area is upon check torrey pines valet service
Reviewed 13 August 2018

BEAUTIFUL resort, wonderful staff - great experience. We will definitely be coming back. The pool was great - my daughter spent most of her time in there. It was a great family resort, which I was surprised by - lots of places to sit or play outside, good chocolate cake and ice cream ;-)

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
EstanciaHotelManager, Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Jen F,
Thank you for choosing to spend your family vacation at Estancia La Jolla. It's always a pleasure to hear when our team leaves such a positive impression. We hope to welcome you back soon to enjoy the pool and more chocolate cake, of course.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

My review is upgraded from 1 star to 2 starts because the grounds are beautiful, the maintenance staff is nice (see below) and the restaurant had delicious food. My review relates to the customer service issues.

My fiance and I were totally disappointed with the customer service at Estancia. Our romantic Saturday night was filled with issues and the staff really didn't seem to care
1. Called at 1145am on Saturday morning-15 minutes away from the hotel to see if we can check in when we arrive. We were told no, but when we arrive we can let the desk know and they will do their best.

2. Check in at 12pm, we have dogs (pay the fee) and are told we will be called by 4pm when room is ready. So we go to restaurant and sit for almost four hours with our dogs outside.

3. We call at 3:50pm because we have not heard from the hotel. They tell us our room is ready. Really? Why didn't they call us. When I go to the front desk, they tell us sorry they have a wedding and it is really busy. No offense to the people attending the wedding but I am a guest as well and should get the same treatment. I ask to speak with the manager and his response "you beat us to the call". Really? We have been outside on the grounds for almost four hours and the response is "you beat us to a call and we are busy".

4. Get to room, no dog bowls or beds (were promised at check-in). I called the front desk and again I was told "sorry". The gentleman who I spoke to waived the dog fee, because he was the one who checked us in and he did seem sorry that items were not in the room as promised.

5. We go to dinner and when we return we realize the A/C doesn't work. Apparently the lines were clogged, so we wait in the room for an hour while the maintenance team fixes the problem (7:15pm to 815pm).

Mind you we are literally staying at the hotel for less than 24 hours and all of this occurred. When checking out, I tell the desk again how disappointed I am and again I am told that they had a wedding were busy and sorry. When you spend $600 for one night, not sure that is the response you should get from a "resort and luxury hotel". There are so many choices in San Diego, I would think twice before spending your money here. I know we will be staying somewhere else on our next stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrisjohnson22

Dear chrisjohnson22,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to La Jolla. While we're pleased to hear you enjoyed our grounds, we regret that your overall experience was not representative of our hotel's AAA Four Diamond service. We apologize for the issues you experienced and would like to make this right. Please contact our rooms operations manager Cesar Aguilar at (858) 964-6572 or via email at caguilar@estancialajolla.com. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you, your fiance and dog back soon for a true Estancia experience.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

This hotel is built around beautiful gardens that give the grounds a hacienda feel. There are patios all around, the pool is nice, indoor and outdoor restaurant has good food, and it's very close to UC San Diego. Great place for meetings too!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2018

My husband and i were only there for 1 night but it was wonderful. The room was large and lovely, and the staff so attentive. Have to go back. We were both so happy. The only dark time was the breakfast at El adobe. It was overpriced and not great

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear vickiro51,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Estancia La Jolla. We are delighted to know that our staff helped make your stay special and you especially enjoyed your room. We appreciate your feedback regarding Adobe and have shared your comments with our team. We look forward to your return visit and hope to welcome you and your husband back for a longer stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Traveled all the way from Seattle, drove 30 minutes to the resort only to learn that they were over sold and cancelled my third party reservation! Mind you no one called to tell me this so I could secure other accommodations. I had this trip planned for 45 days.
And it only gets worse....
All of the hotels in LaJolla are now booked for the weekend other than those $650+ a night. I am now forced to drive another 30 minutes and stay back in San Diego. This is not where I wanted to be.
I am here to meet with RE agents for a new home. Part of the charm of Estancia was that one of the homes I was viewing allowed me to purchase an annual resort membership to use the pool, spa and other great amenities. I was thrilled at the prospect of this. This is why I was staying here. This was going to be part of my new home.
Needless to say, I would not stay at this resort or chose to purchase a membership. They have lost my business and a customer that was very excited to stay with them.
All in all - poor customer service, a vacation that will not be forgotten BUT for the wrong reasons.
The Manager said the resort had been sold out for a week. NOT TRUE. I went on line two days before my trip and found both availability and at a good rate. The third party rate was just better so I booked with them.

End of the day ~ they likely did not want to honor the third party rate because they could get a higher rate on their website.

JUST AWFUL!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Cthrom

Dear Cthrom,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your home search. We regret that you were not able to experience all our hotel has to offer and would like to make this right. At your earliest convenience, please contact our rooms operations manager Cesar Aguilar at (858) 964-6572 or via email at caguilar@estancialajolla.com. We apologize again for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you.