1,627 results
All reviewsmustangs and burrosadobe restauranthospitality feesalk institutewine barbeautiful groundssan diegooutdoor fireplaceresort feeself parkingper daybeautiful hotelucsd campuspool area isupon checktorrey pinesvalet service
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This lovely hotel is right across the street from UCSD. It has a sprawling complex. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. There is a lovely pool area. They have a nice restaurant that serves a good breakfast. When traveling for business, it nice to have an oasis from the work that you are doing. This hotel provides that separation.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel was certainly gorgeous with an old mission Spanish look..amazing gardens and sprawling grounds. It was really gorgeous to look at, especially with the ocean fog creeping in. We were dissappointed that our Trip Advisor reservation got us the handicapped room, with a cement wall view on a tiny cement slab with one chair. That was a buzz kill. Then the sink was plugged up the entire stay, making it annoying to wait for water to drain after a simple brushing of the teeth. The water was nicely hot, quickly for showers. The service in the breakfast restaurant on 3rd floor was very slow..we waited for coffee refill for 20 min. Expensive prices too. The dinner restaurant on bottom floor with fireplace on patio was just gorgeous upon arrival. Too bad the service wasn't as pretty. We waited for 15 min for someone to acknowledge us once sat. Then we waited for another 15 min for waiter to take order. We flagged down a bus boy who felt bad and took our order. The food was scrumptious...we ordered the sea bass and salmon..both fantastic. We enjoyed the pool very much. It is really pretty and bright with cabanas and cool bean bag chairs. The service poolside was 100x better than the restaurants. The parking gate was hugely annoying as it would not take our card swipe or ticket the first time, but more like the tenth time, after much frustration from my partner who was driving. Once checked out, we realized the hotel puts the entire balance owed on a hold for 5 days on arrival, then charges the entire balance the day you check out. So you have a double balance for several days until the entire balance is released from the first charge. Overall, this hotel was beautiful, but dissappointed with service and room. The hotel gets 3 stars.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
EstanciaHotelManager, Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear valmarquez,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to La Jolla. We're thrilled to hear you loved our hacienda-inspired architecture and Baja cuisine. We appreciate your feedback and would like to assure you that we've shared your comments with each department, and the issue you experienced with your sink has been resolved by our maintenance team. On behalf of our staff, we would love the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to San Diego.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I stayed at this hotel recently ,it was my third visit there and I will not stay there in the future. Upon arrival the receptionist was very surly and unhelpful. I booked the room at the last minute for a weekend get away and made the mistake of using a AAA discount offered online on their site.The receptionist would not confirm which room I would receive and wouldn't give us any information as to the location etc. I paid for an upgraded room and she stated tat due to the discount I have no choice in the matter, like I said I stayed there before and my whopping 30.00 dollar discount for a 300.00 dollar room made me a second class citizen. We were given room 325 avoid this room it was right next to an exit door that slams all night long, both with guest and staff. The grounds are very though and in the past my wife did enjoy the spa treatments. We won't be going back though , there are other options in La Jolla for the price .

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Carlitom1,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. It was our pleasure to welcome you back for your third stay, but we regret that your most recent was visit was not representative of our hotel's AAA Four Diamond service. We value your feedback and have shared your comments with our front desk team to continuously enhance the check-in experience. We'd love the opportunity to learn more about your stay and encourage you to contact our rooms operations manager Cesar Aguilar at your convenience at caguilar@estancialajolla.com or (858) 964-6572.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The food here is amazing, from breakfast (French Toast!) to the dinner (Banana Bread Pudding!) everything we’ve had here has been delicious. Great service this morning from Lisa, our gracious and attentive server.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
EstanciaHotelManager, Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Marc,
We're happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast at Adobe, especially the French toast. Thank you for taking the time to recognize Lisa's exemplary service. We're honored to have her as a member of our team. We hope to welcome you back soon to Estancia La Jolla.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I fell in love with the Estancia when my friend had her baby shower on the olive lawn. When I got engaged four years later, I knew that was the venue and didn’t look elsewhere. It was an easy process and exceeded my expectations. Victor and Brenna were kind, professional and did their job very well. I had so much fun planning with Brenna and the tasting made me feel like a princess with my own ballroom. The wedding day was flawless and perfect and so beautiful. The entire weekend was wonderful and the staff were so kind from the valet, coffee shop and both restaurants. The spa was very We were treated like royalty and I have never felt so special. My guests still talk about it six months later. Estancia also has a list of preferred vendors and I highly recommend Sweet Blossoms Weddings for planning and Claire Elyse for makeup. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple