After reading so many wonderful reviews and looking at the pictures, my husband was excited to find this place... The hotel is situated in a perfect spot and when you walk in the lobby is clean and beautiful. I was excited since it looked so cute, but then we got to our room and I think we must have stayed in the same room as reviewer Maryanne because the spacing was extremely awkward and the room had a weird smell to it. I can get over the older looking furniture and the dark carpet, but the space in between the bed and the wall was so small I had to almost turn sideways to get past the bed into the bathroom/dressing area! The
dressing area is huge, and the bathroom is very clean and spacious – that I love! :) But it was so awkward getting around the room that it was kind of frustrating and not relaxing at all... Very
disappointing. Maybe it's just room 204, but it left a sour taste in my mouth. Just make sure you avoid this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Wotif.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla