4 people are viewing this hotel
USD 380
Free cancellation until 19/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 380
Free cancellation until 20/06/21
ZenHotels.com
USD 368
PricelineUSD 380
Hotels.comUSD 380
CheapTicketsUSD 380
1,391 results
All reviews top floor cusp restaurant floor restaurant ocean view san diego short walk to the beach kimpton driveway balconies california
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2021 via mobile

Friendly staff. However, I was surprised by just how old and run down this hotel feels. It’s also incredibly loud as it’s close to a busy intersection. It also feels wrong to be immediately forced to pay $39 dollars to park a car here when you’ve already paid too much for the stay. There is nothing provided, or even available for breakfast. If you like mediocre hotels, high prices, and little value, this is your place.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoshJ787
Michael Murrell, General Manager at Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2021

Greetings JoshJ787,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of your recent experience with us. Just like all hotels, resorts, restaurants and destinations on this site, we all depend heavily on the feedback from our guests and travelers to assist in ensuring that we are on the map. Our jobs and livelihoods depend on guests and the opportunity to welcome you as this is something that we all have a passion for.

Our hotel is certainly not the newest on the block. However we feel that our rooms are well appointed and over the last year we have been on a roller coaster which has hindered our occupancy and daily rate offerings. Thankfully, unlike others in the neighborhood, we have managed to maintain and keep our hotel open, thus allowing us over the last year to be able to still come to work.

As you outlined in both this review and your google review, we are in a good location, but also, there is both the main road coming into La Jolla adjacent to us. There are however not many hotels that can say that they are as close of a walk to both some wonderful restaurants as well as to the beach.

We appreciate your opinion and value your points. I again apologize that this stay was not more enjoyable for you. If you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to reach out to myself.

Reviewed 3 April 2021

This hotel is absolutely nothing like the photos. It’s run down, no restaurant or room service. The room was not clean, there were crumbs on the chair and the floor around the chair. The lounge area outside is non-functional. Patio furniture is old, rusted,faded. Not a place you want to hang out. I checked out 15 min after I got there. I was looking forward to a stay at a nice hotel after a Medical procedure. I left this hotel and checked into a far better hotel for not that much more.

Date of stay: April 2021
2  Thank Navigator316220
Michael Murrell, General Manager at Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2021

Greetings Navigator316220,

Thank you first and foremost for taking the time to review your experience with us. Taking time to let others know about hotel experiences is an important part of our industry. Believe it or not, we depend heavily on the word of mouth to assist us in generating business. This last year has been a trying time for all hotels and support from our guests is how we are encouraged to survive this time in all of our lives and business.

I would like to apologize that the experience was not better. Due to COVID, our restaurant and room services have been closed for nearly a year since all is in doors. We have struggled to have decent occupancy so having a food and beverage team staff our outlet has not been something that can sustain. There are options within the surrounding area that do deliver or are a close walk.

Additionally, as far as our housekeeping services, we do take them very seriously, even more so during this time. Having a clean room is something from the Hilton side as well as for our own pride that we look after. Hopefully these items when they were noticed were brought to our teams attention and allowed to handle them. Additionally, most of the property has cleaned regularly, but as a few pieces are due for replacement, having a year like we have had, we have not been able to.

Just as you were eager to stay at a nice hotel, we are eager to welcome guests to try to get back to a place that we once were. I am glad that you did find accommodations at another hotel and thankful that they were able to look after you just as we were so eager to. If you travels ever bring you back our to our direction, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will do my best for you.

I do personally apologize that the recent experience did not live up to any expectation on either of our parts.

Best,

Reviewed 31 March 2021

WiFi fee, parking fee $40 per day. Not a good price for all the fees and the room i requested from the hotel was wrong!!!!! I would advise to go to a hotel closer to the water instead because this one wasn’t not worth $200 per night

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Michael Murrell, General Manager at Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Greetings jameshawright,

Thank you first and foremost for taking the time to outline your recent experience with us.

I apologize that you felt that most importantly the value of your stay was not there. The hotel does offer complimentary basic wifi for all our guests. Guests are given the opportunity to upgrade this service for an additional cost. We are sorry that you did not accept. Additionally, parking is $39 per night onsite. There are other options near by where our guests can park without a charge. Additionally, we apologize that the room that you request was not correct. I will try to research this and determine possibly what had happened.

As I can feel your dissatisfaction (I apologize again) if you are interested in talking more about your experience or, even willing to give us another try at a later date, I can assure you if you would like to contact me, I will certainly look after you and do my best to ensure your happiness.

All my best to you,

Reviewed 25 March 2021

We have stayed on this particular property on and off since June of 2020. The staff has been nothing short of spectacular, and our guests rave about the beds, showers, and location. Great Mgmt is a plus and they cover that too. Thank you guys for helping our guests feel welcomed. This hotel has been a second home for a few of them.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank TourBusExtraordinair
Michael Murrell, General Manager at Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2021

Greetings TourBusExtraordinair,

Thank you first and foremost for taking the time to submit a review about your experience with us. It has been both the teams and my pleasure to welcome you and your team over the last year or so. As you have said that this feels like home to most of the members we are thrilled to know that we have been able to create such a level of comfort for them. As I have said previously, there is no greater reward to have the opportunity to welcome back familiar faces for return visits with us.

We are all eager to continue to welcome back you and your team for many more times to come!

Best to you all!

Reviewed 24 March 2021

The location is great… Short walk to the beach. The front desk staff were amazing and so was housekeeping! This is our second time staying at this property and we will absolutely be back. Thank you!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Michael Murrell, General Manager at Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2021

Greetings jeffrendell5,

Thank you first and foremost for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. It truly means the world to all of us to know that we were able to ensure that you had an enjoyable time. We cherish every guests and one of the highest compliments that you can receive is to have the opportunity to welcome back a familiar face for another visit!

We are extremely thankful, during such a tough time that we are all going through, to have such a solid team who looks after our guests day in and day our. From our cheerful and informative front desk team, to our detail oriented housekeeping team, as well as our hard-working maintenance team... all of us are eager to get back to some normalcy and have the opportunity to demonstrate the reason we get up every day is to look after our guests.

As this was the second stay, we are eager to welcome you back for a third, fourth, fifth and more...

My best to you,