“Fun, food...wine!!”
Review of Lajollacooks4u

Lajollacooks4u
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled atop Mt Soledad, in beautiful San Diego, Lajollacooks4u offers a very unique hands-on, gourmet cooking and dining experience. Founded in 2008, Lajollacooks4u has experienced tremendous growth and success with major corporations and guests from all over the world! With our very own indoor and outdoor kitchen, organic vegetable and herb garden and spectacular views, Lajollacooks4u is the perfect venue for corporate team-building, large group cooking demonstrations, special occasions, lunches and dinners and for those who simply love to cook! Lajollacooks4u offers a variety of packages including our one-of-a kind Farmer’s Market and Foodie Tours, Weekend Culinary Adventures and hands-on gourmet cooking classes. All our classes are customizes for each group and include a fabulous sit-down gourmet meal, complete with wine pairing. Come see for yourself why Lajollacooks4u has been rated the #1 attraction in La Jolla for over 3 consecutive years!! We specialize in California-influenced cuisine.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Jodi was awesome!! This was a family outing for us and it was fantastic! Both of my boys enjoy good food and wine and this provided both. Jodi was awesome and made sure that we participated AND understood the method to her cooking. We all had take away's, mine was the parmesan cheese bowls. If you are going to southern CA and want a great cooking/eating experience...do not miss this one!

Rick, Irene, Rick and Chris

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you so much Rick. it was so much fun cooking with your wonderful family! I love turning people onto fresh, easy and delicious recipes. I hope to see you back in my kitchen soon!
Thank you so much for choosing Lajollacooks4u!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We had a great time with Chef Jodi and her assistant Leticia during our vacation in San Diego. Chef Jodi conducted an in-home cooking class for us and then we were served an excellent al fresco dinner, poolside, in our vacation rental in Ocean Beach. She sent us a list of ingredients in advance of our trip with tips on where to go and get the freshest sea food and the best produce. It was a lot of fun - even for the two young kids in our group.

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you Jack! It was my greatest pleasure and I greatly appreciate the opportunity to have worked with you and your lovely family for Sheryl's special birthday celebration. The kids were so adorable and the peach crisp could not have been fresher since the children picked the peaches right of the tree! I hope Sheryl enjoys my cookbook as well!
Warm Regards,
Chef Jodi

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We had a marvelous time in a comfortable scenic setting in La Jolla overlooking the ocean, divided into teams, and cooking a terrific dinner meal together. All of the food was tasty and we have since either purchased Jody's cookbook or tried the recipes we learned to cook at home - with great results! Have received feedback from all who attended, and they commented that this was one of the best ideas of how to host a terrific birthday party.

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you so much Debbie for choosingLajollacooks4u for your special birthday celebration. You and your friends were absolutely delightful! Imhope to see you in y kitchen again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We spent 6 hours with Chef Jodi during my birthday weekend - we began at La Jolla Farmer's market - selecting spices and fruits for our luncheon. Next we returned to Jodi's lovely villa and created our luncheon. We made Orzo with Lemon, Feta, and Grape Tomatoes, roasted cauliflower steaks with sunchokes, mushrooms, and cauliflower puree,Herb crusted Halibut with a caper vinaigrette, and Peach crisp with Vanilla-Goat cheese mousse. Then we sat down and ate this delicious luncheon. I recommend this experience for any special celebration!

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

It was such a pleasure to host you and your delightful family Ann for your special birthday celebration! Thank you for choosing Lajollacooks4u and I hope to have you back in my kitchen soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2017

My spouse and I were looking for an experience to be the centerpiece of a long weekend trip to San Diego, and Lajollacooks4u was perfect. Jodi is delightful, welcoming and knowledgeable. We started our day at a San Diego farmers' market. We sampled local delights, while Jodi shared her tips for cooking with produce and spices. We then went to her beautiful home and followed her recipes to prepare our three-course meal. When the work was nearly done, Jodi invited us to a beautiful outdoor tablescape where we took in the priceless view of La Jolla and enjoyed some wine. Jodi plated and served us our meal like a four-star restaurant. It was an ideal southern California day. Interactive. Delicious. Scenic. Memorable.

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Thank you so much Carol. Yu and Sean absolutely delightful and it was so much fun sharing my kitchen with such supper foodies. Thank you for choosing Lajollacooks4u and I hope,you enjoy my cookbook!
Warm Regards