“Day in San Diego for foodies”
Review of Lajollacooks4u

Lajollacooks4u
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled atop Mt Soledad, in beautiful San Diego, Lajollacooks4u offers a very unique hands-on, gourmet cooking and dining experience. Founded in 2008, Lajollacooks4u has experienced tremendous growth and success with major corporations and guests from all over the world! With our very own indoor and outdoor kitchen, organic vegetable and herb garden and spectacular views, Lajollacooks4u is the perfect venue for corporate team-building, large group cooking demonstrations, special occasions, lunches and dinners and for those who simply love to cook! Lajollacooks4u offers a variety of packages including our one-of-a kind Farmer’s Market and Foodie Tours, Weekend Culinary Adventures and hands-on gourmet cooking classes. All our classes are customizes for each group and include a fabulous sit-down gourmet meal, complete with wine pairing. Come see for yourself why Lajollacooks4u has been rated the #1 attraction in La Jolla for over 3 consecutive years!! We specialize in California-influenced cuisine.
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

What a delightful experience. This adventure was both informative and relaxing. As a chef and foodie, I really enjoyed the inside tour of San Diego's little Italy farmers market as well as the attention to detail in the food prep and menu planning. My mother-in-law and I enjoyed a beautiful, fresh and delicious lunch al fresco with a relaxing view. Thanks.

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

It was my greatest pleasure and honor to host you and your Elaine!! I Loved hearing about your restaurant and hope some of our California Cuisine recipes will inspire you!!
Thank you so much Lizzie it was so much fun sharing my kitchen with you!!

Reviewed 12 May 2017

I arranged for me and my dear friend to spend the day at Lajollacooks4u to celebrate her 60th birthday. From the moment we arrived, we felt welcomed and comfortable. Everything was prepared and waiting for us to cook. We learned many cooking tricks and techniques, and the food looked and tasted delicious. After all the chopping, mixing and grating, we were seated in the beautiful dining room where we were served and enjoyed the magnificent 4 course meal that we had prepared, complete with wine parings! We even got a bag full of leftovers, herbed olive oil and a jar of porcini mushroom rub to take home. I ate the leftovers the next day for lunch and relived the magnificent experience. Kudos to Chef Jodi for a fabulous day of celebration!

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Thank you so much for choosing Lajollacooks4u for Susan's special birthday celebration! It was my greatest pleasure to cook with you both and I hope you will visit my kitchen again in the very near future. Happy Cooking!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Jodi worked with our law firm on short notice to accommodate our team of 12 for tapas and wine, incorporating fun competitions and providing solid recipes that were manageable for everyone. Definitely more fun than a stuffy dinner. The views from her location were beautiful.

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Thank you so much Brenna. I had so much fun with your teams and everyone was participating and engaged! I hope to welcome you back in the very near future. Please keep in mind that we do very elegant and unique holiday parties as well.
Thank you so much for your business.
Chef Jodi

Reviewed 23 March 2017

A friend and I thoroughly enjoyed chef Jodi's Farm-to-Table tour and cooking class. She gave us lots of choices on what we would make, which helped us realize how easy it can be to adapt recipes after you understand the basics. It was especially memorable to be cooking in her beautiful kitchen and then enjoy it on her patio overlooking the ocean. So much "warmer" than taking a cooking class in a commercial setting. I'm now encouraging my company's meeting planner to book a team building event with chef Jodi!

chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

You and Katie are absolutely charming and it was my honor to help you both celebrate your special and memorable birthdays! Thank you for choosing Lajollacooks4u and I look forward to welcoming you into my kitchen again soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2017

We treated our friend for his birthday. We had a wonderful cooking and dining event with Jodi! She was friendly and attentive to our needs. We learned new cooking techniques and had a nice conversation. The 4 course meal was delicious. The kitchen was clean and organized, the ingredients thoughtfully sourced and the host gracious! A highly recommended experience for beginner and seasoned cooks.