“We come here at least 2-3 a month”
Review of Olivia's Bistro

Olivia's Bistro
Ranked #20 of 161 Restaurants in La Habra
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

It is a hidden pho spot in La Habra. We found this place when we moved to the area. Usually good Pho is found in cities in Westminster, Garden Grove, or the SGV area, but this place is actually really good. I don't know how they have some bad reviews on here. We are their regulars and they have always been consistent with great food and service. We usually get pho tai chin and it is always good there!

Reviewed 25 April 2016

the pho is obviously not vietnamese…no taste and a dark colored broth…waitstaff not too interested either..too many better places in town..bye bye olivia

Reviewed 22 December 2015

My daughter and I love to eat here and love the Pho. We have found it to be the best place around La Habra. We have tried several other places and they all come up short. We love the richness in the Pho and the service. The place is always clean, has a clean smell, and great service. We have never been disappointed the past few years when eating here. It is to the point where we do not even try other places, as there is no need.
We always order the A-1 Egg-rolls, you get 4 crispy rolls filled with pork, clear vermicelli & vegetables, always very hot, so be careful. As for Pho, I love the rare beef and she loves the chicken, but I have tried most all of them and found them to be great, especially the seafood.
We have also tried several of the rice dishes and rice vermicelli dishes; our favorite is the R-8 Sautéed vegetables with chicken, beef, or shrimp.
I know you cannot please everyone, but I have to say they do not have a shortage of customers.

Reviewed 25 March 2015

I have a friend who frequents this place often and loves it. I went to try it out as I love good Pho. Well, it didn't work for me, the food was all sweet, when I expected savory. I won't be back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The last time I was here was 2009. Its good to know that Olivia has stood the test of time.

We had dinner at 7:30 on a Sunday night, and we were given the last available booth. I forgot that the booths were a bit far from the table, so I had to sit forward on the edge of the booth to eat. I wish they had pillows or something for the short folks.

The place is clean, ambiance is nice, service was good, and attentive. Beverage glasses filled up frequently, and the guys were friendly. This Bistro has a really nice classy vibe to it.

Stephen and I both had the Bun, mine with pork and eggrolls, and Stephen had pork, eggrolls and grilled shrimp. The bowls were decent sized, but I wish I had just a "tad" bit more pork, and less eggrolls (they gave me 2 eggrolls, or 4, half pieces). There were plenty of beanspouts, peanuts, and carrots, but not as much lettuce as I had hoped. Many places add lemongrass or mint in their bun, but unfortuatenly Olivia didn't.

The meal was still tasty, and we commented we liked it better than Brodards. Thank goodness there's plenty of vietnamese places in Orange County, and our quest to find the "perfect" bun is still out there.