See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Take my review with a grain of salt because I went here back in 2011, but I was staying with friends who have lived in Cambodian for over 25 years. They have been visiting Sihanoukville since there were only a few hotels in this area and they always choose the Orchidee as a family friendly/cost effective option. When I stayed with them it was lovely. There's nothing spectacular about it, but the staff was friendly, the rooms were comfortable, and the pool was very nice. The breakfast was also very good. If you're on a budget this is a good option.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jessiestep
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

I was there for 4 night, the room was clean and comfortable, Walk just for 10 minutes to the Sea. The pool was nice.
In the morning make me fresh when I open the window to get fresh air in front of the pool side.
I will be back again for my holiday next year .

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

First, the guesthouse:
The room are not so big but quite clean. Those close from the pool are bigger but you should love the noises from the pool. But for the price of the small one, you can find a better place. No breakfast, no restaurant service... Nothing. But there is a pool indeed and the location is great.

Secondly, the staff: they can't speak English (excepting "pay now"). Not friendly at all and we needed to fight to change the room because our first one didn't have a locker....

So, we don't recommend that place. For the price and the location, you can find better places...

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
jannarat, Owner at Orchidee Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2016

Dear Arnauddm768,
Thank you for your review.
Tripadvisor is still able to surprise me. Orchidee Guesthouse is out of business since October 15th, 2015 and all signs names were removed from the building.
I reported the situation a few times to Tripadvisor but they are still publishing reviews on name of Orchidee Guesthouse.
The former Orchidee Guesthouse is under full management of the White Sand Palace hotel so it might be more convenient if Tripadvisor publishes all reviews, as from 15/10/15 under "Former Orchidee Guesthouse", "White Sand Guesthouse" or White Sand Palace hotel.

Under the old management there were day and night staff who could have a nice conversation in english with you.
Each room had a correct working locker and the restaurant was offering you a nice buffet breakfast which was included in your room fee.

I am really sort to read that everything was not according to your expectations.

Brgds.

Jan de Jongh (owner)

Reviewed 16 February 2016

This hotel is under new ownership and times have changed! The hotel or what's left of it, has been stripped down to the bones. No chairs or towels are provided for the pool, and the restaurant is closed. The hotel looks dark and closed at night time. Only stayed one night, did not feel comfortable there.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

We arrived late in the evening - and managed to convince the desk to give us a discount, which was nice of them! The room is passable… but we only needed one night and a pool. Came to the pool in the morning and it is still littered with noodle pots and beer cans from the night before (this is at 9:45 am). There is a guy cleaning the pool but no one seems concerned by the mess around the pool itself!
Also there is nothing to lie on around the pool, just a few random chairs to sit on… I count three staff members sitting around the pool on their phones… amazing.
This place could be lovely - such a pity.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
jannarat, Owner at Orchidee Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2016

Dear JoNo_N,

Thank you for your review and your comments are very much appreciated.

First of all I wish to inform you that Orchidee Guesthouse is out of business since October 15th.
The big White Sand Palace hotel has leased Orchidee Guesthouse and is running a few rooms under their own name and management.

It is a pity to read that they are offering rooms without offering the standard service we used to offer.

I am sorry for it and will ask them to increase their service and not to offer any rooms under our "old" and valued name of Orchidee Guesthouse.

I hope you are going to enjoy the nice beach town Sihanoukville.

Brgds.

Jan de Jongh ("old" owner)