See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and we loved it. Comfortable bed and the room was nice and big. Air con was SO good! Food menu wasn't extensive but tasty enough. The pool was the best bit, great to cool down in or do a couple of lengths. They never seemed to have towels when went to the pool which was a bit annoying as we don't have any since we are travelling so light. But great place to stay.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2015

I have stayed here several times and find it good value for money and have recommended this place to my friends.
The complimentary breakfast is nothing to write home about but when its for free one cant complain. It has a nice pool. Children seem to love the pool too. So if you dont like the sound of kids having fun I would not stay in any of the rooms beside the pool. Its close to the beach, but does require some walking as its 2 streets back from the beach. There is a plentiful supply of BBQ Seafood restaurants nearby so you will have no shortage of places to eat in the evenings.

Stayed: November 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2015

Yes, it is time I left home. Not my real home, but my home away from home in Sihanoukville, Orchidee Guest House.
Why do I keep coming back to this place and why do I bring my friends here and why do I encourage you to come? Let me give you three reasons:
First, the reception I get. Now I just don't mean the girls and guys at the front desk but the reception I get from all the staff. They are personable, polite, respectful and helpful. They treat you as their guest not just someone who checks in and checks out! This personal touch is reflected by both staff and management. That's why I enjoy being here. You are treated like family.
Secondly, the room I get. Now there is of course a variety of rooms. Different amenities and levels of luxury so that Orchidee can totally satisfy the budget conscious backpacker and the business executive and everyone else in between. Whatever your level of comfort or requirement, you will find a clean and well maintained room at an excellent rate. When a friend came with me a couple of weeks ago and opened the door to his room he simply said "Wow""! He could not believe he could get so much for so little. Just one thing. Don't miss the breakfast! Its to die for.
Third reason I still call Orchidee home. The region in which it is located. As every Estate Agent will tell you, Location, location, location. Here I am two minutes walk to the beach or a five minute tuk tuk ride to the market. Near to everything but not next door to all the noise of traffic and beeping of horns. I can even walk up to town if I feel like a little exercise.
I came to Orchidee Guest House some years ago looking for a safe, secure and comfortable place to "live" while in this part of the world. I found it and I found more. I found a home away from home. Sadly it time to leave again. But I'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Belfastbrian46
Reviewed 6 June 2015

I stayed at the Orchidee with my group of students for two weeks, living in the rooms surrounding the pool. Gorgeus place with very friendly, helpful and talkactive staff. The hotel also has a restaurant with good and affordable food, that can be served anywhere on the site.
The pool is big enough for swimming and provides a great alternative to the more dirty beach nearby.
The staff helped us with having a dinner and small party, setting up meeting room, finding things in town, booking trips - everything we needed.
I look forward to go there again for my next trip to Sihanoukville.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Line J
jannarat, Owner at Orchidee Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2015

Dear Line,

Thank you for your very nice review. We are very happy with your comments.

About the dirty beach I just wish to mention that in the last years many things approved and I expect , one day, that it will become a really beautiful and clean beach but as many things in Cambodia nothing is done in a very fast and effective way so we just have to wait a bit.

Anyway it was our pleasure to have you and your group in our guesthouse and hope to meet you again one day.

Brgds.

Jan de Jongh (owner)

Reviewed 22 May 2015

Good location being only a short walk to the beach, and associated restaurants. Pretty quite considering its location. Room amenities were all good with fresh bottled water each day. The room was crisp and clean throughout my stay (three nights). The buffet breakfast was also great. The pool was clean and cool so a good place to escape the midday heat.
The only downside was the somewhat abrupt 'welcome' on arrival. The receptionist almost barked 'passport' as I approached the front desk. There was no real orientation either. Such as where the pool was, WiFi passwords etc. No real information in the room. Otherwise it would have rated as excellent.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
jannarat, Owner at Orchidee Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

Dear Sean T,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your remarks about the "welcome" and the other points well noted.

Please come back an hopefully your review will become excellent the next time.

Brgds.