See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 May 2015

Good location being only a short walk to the beach, and associated restaurants. Pretty quite considering its location. Room amenities were all good with fresh bottled water each day. The room was crisp and clean throughout my stay (three nights). The buffet breakfast was also great. The pool was clean and cool so a good place to escape the midday heat.
The only downside was the somewhat abrupt 'welcome' on arrival. The receptionist almost barked 'passport' as I approached the front desk. There was no real orientation either. Such as where the pool was, WiFi passwords etc. No real information in the room. Otherwise it would have rated as excellent.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
jannarat, Owner at Orchidee Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

Dear Sean T,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your remarks about the "welcome" and the other points well noted.

Please come back an hopefully your review will become excellent the next time.

Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Asking $38 for the bacony rooms. We booked two rooms for two nights and got it down to $35 per room and night. Clean but very simple rooms. Overpriced as similar room in the area are around $15-20. Moved to another hotel nearer the pier.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Peter P
jannarat, Owner at Orchidee Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2015

Dear Peter P,

Thank you for your review and I am always happy to read that so many of our esteemed guests have a different taste and opinion.
If everybody had the same taste we were either fully booked every day or 100% empty if similar to your taste.

Anyway I am more than happy to pay you back the entire room rate if you can show me one of the mentioned 15-20$ rooms which are similar to our and now I use your words (very simple and over prized) 38$ double rooms with a private balcony.

I hope that you had a nice stay near the pier.

Reviewed 29 April 2015

Our 4th visit in the last 6 years. This time in lower season. Room an breakfast for 2 at USD 30 is excellent value. The guest house is always being upgraded - this is really positive. Staff are helpful and the place and pool are always clean and ready to use. We look forward to returning again for rest and relaxation as we escape the Mongolian winter for a few weeks.

Room tip: Around the pool is good
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Bill M,

It was our pleasure again meeting you and hope you will escape from the mongolian winter many times.

I am sure you enjoyed the plm. 60 degrees difference in temperature.

We will continue upgrading and hope to surprise you again.

Reviewed 26 April 2015

Stayed here again this is my 4th time
We stayed 2 nights beside the pool and one night in bungalow on ground floor one row back from the pool
The pool side rooms had been refurbished to Cambodian standard which is serviceable and fit for purposed [the finish is not super high standard]
Also the controls for the on demand hot water in the shower are mounted quite high up
when I asked reception why that was they said mainly foreigners use those rooms and they are tall enough to use it [to bad if your married to a 1.48m local girl as I am....lol]
The bungalow was smaller and the toilet /shower proximity is annoying [that's just Cambodian style most hotels are like it]
The swimming pools has come up great since I was last there new tiles new colour a kids area with sun shade
The breakfast is on a par with other hotels of the same type [fruit bacon [eggs cooked to your style] sausages croissants etc all good
Location one street back from the beach , a tuk tuk ride to the market, victory hill , CBD , or to Sokha for lunch
I am sure reception can handle any bookings you need [I have never asked them] they were always helpful when I spoke with them
I did have a slighted heated discussion with one reception girl after she got a bit to opinionated about guests she perceived to be sex tourists [storm in a tea cup]
But on that note you can not take guests back to your room unless they have checked in with you initially [so don't go down the beach or to victory and bring home any strays]
Bottom line is hotel is good to base your self at and then to go off for the days on a boat trip to say Saracen bay or a trip to forest reserve

Room tip: Pools side room is best I think
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nathan L

Dear Nathan L,

Thank you for your review and I enjoyed reading your comments.

You can blame me for the mounting of the heater in the shower. I did it on purpose. First of all the length of the foreigners. Many of them are now more or almost 2 mtr.and secondly thinking about avoiding any water to get in contact with the heater.
Unfortunately my lovely staff even put some of the heaters even higher than ordered.

The nice thing however, if you are married with a 1.50 mtr. beautiful wife, you will have to help her every time. It keeps the romance in your marriage.

With joining guests we are strict. The joining guest must show an identity card or passport and must be older than 18 unless she is your family like a daughter or wife.

All wished reservations for busses, boats and tours can be handled thru our reception ladies.

We are looking forward to meting you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2015 via mobile

Stayed at Orchidee Guest House for 3 days for the first time. I must say it was a great experience. Staff was very friendly, and helpful. Had a swimming pool which was great for my kids. Free continental breakfast which was a plus. Location was great as it was less than a 5 minute walk to ochheuteal beach (the most popular beach in Sihanoukville). Already recommended Orchidee Guest House to all of my friends. Will be staying here next time I visit Sihanoukville.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Pimpslapped,

Nice chosen name. Lap in the cambodian language means crazy!!! So never tell a cambodian that he or she is lap. You will have a fight.

Thank you for your nice review and it is our pleasure reading that you enjoyed your stay so much.

I do hope to meet many of your friends.

Please come back.