First the good: the suite which we were eventually assigned was clean, comfortable and quiet-but not soundproof as the screaming kid across the hall and the kids upstairs who pounded on the floor would prove. King bed was excellent. Wireless wi-fi was OK-but slow at times.
The 'glitches' taken individually were minor but collectively added up to a nuisance: the front desk clerk who asked us to do a review on Trip Advisor and 'mention my name'; the bathroom lights which did not work-despite protestations from the same desk clerk that 'they are fine-it is soft light-we just changed them yesterday'. The lights may have been changed 'yesterday' but they were not fine and this is not the response I expect when I report a problem; they changed the fluorescents but they still didn't work and it turns out that the ballast was shot but we were made to feel that we should just have accepted the status quo and not bothered them They moved us to a suite (nice-thank you) but the TV didn't work (they fixed that); the bathroom sink tap leaked and sprayed all over; the bedroom door closed on its own (something is not square here); breakfast was OK but the orange juice dispenser was 'out of order' and there were no sausages 'today'.
You are out in the middle of nowhere with nowhere to eat but fast food outlets; you can do better a few miles down the road in either direction. I doubt that we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Kettleman City Inn & Suites! As the halfway point between Sacramento and Los Angeles, our Kettleman City hotel is a favorite for frequent travelers and road trippers. You’ll enjoy easy access to Interstate 5, an electric car charging station and a friendly atmosphere to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. There’s RV and truck parking available in a gravel lot, plenty of space for your big rig or camping gear. Whether you’re simply passing through, need an extended stay or on an epic road trip, our property is designed with your comfort in mind. Business travelers especially enjoy the quick commutes our Kettleman City hotel makes possible. Oil and construction workers depend on us to be their home away from home, and our helpful staff is always available to help business travelers with their unique needs. Just because you’re in town for work doesn’t mean you can’t squeeze in some leisure time, too. With so many top destinations nearby, it’s easy to make the most of any trip. Our Kettleman City hotel also features honeymoon suites, hot tub suites and family room suites. Is a romantic getaway in order? How about a little extra space for families on their annual trip? We’re the only in and out hotel within 100 miles, and we are always pet friendly because we understand that your furry friend is a must on some trips. We’re also the only hotel within 60 miles with a pool and hot tub. Nothing’s better after a long day of work or adventure than a rejuvenating soak in a hot tub, as employees of PG&E®, one of our frequent business guests, know. Our property is also close to Avenal and Coalinga State Prison, and we welcome many travelers with business to take care of at these locations. Whether it’s a meeting, event or vacation that brings you to this part of gorgeous California, where you stay can make or break your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Kettleman City Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kettleman City Hotel Kettleman City
- Kettleman City Best Western