All reviewskern riveracross the bridgewould stay here againbeddogs
Reviewed 10 November 2017

This hotel was exactly what you'd expect for the price. My parents have lived in the area for almost 20 years and the rustic vibe of this place was very much in line with the local community vibe. We just wanted a place to sleep and it was clean and nice. Not anything fancy. Furniture was old and worn, bed was hard if you like that, but it was fairly clean and it didn't feel creepy or dirty. Decor was very homey and bed had real sheets and country comforter rather than something sterile. Not sure I liked it, but the bedding was clean and I did like that! It was right on the Kern River with a great little beach area. They had a nice picnic area and a place to play basketball. Would be a great place at a good price for families. It's actually a little more than we expected for the price due to the cute environment. The wear and tear was a little disappointing, but it was clean and the added extras outside was very nice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

When we opened the door right away it smelled old. Everything looked dark because the shades where drawn and the ceiling light was dim, no lamps next to the bed so I tried to open the window shade and the spring was sprung. So I rolled it up by hand and opened the window. I noticed the old lock on the window and wondered if it would lock. So I shut the window and it would not lock. The window was not matching the sill so it was to high to allow the window to lock. No bedside lamps. Not even one. After checking the linen, we figured to leave once we noticed oily stains on the maroon pillow case and stains on the quilt and stretched old green carpet. The office was nice enough to not charge us for the room. We didn’t stay.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

The photos don't do this hotel justice. While it looks kinda old and worn out, that's not the case at all. It's decorated super cute and is very, very clean. I'm really picky about that, so trust me when i say that. We brought our dogs and it was really comfortable. The have a pretty grass area and their own small little "beach" for the river. It was nice to have a spot to hang out that was away from the crowds but still on the water. The hotel location is very convenient. Check in and out was easy and everyone was friendly.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Our family spent 3 wonderful days at the River View Lodge in Kasane.
This is a very Serene place with beautiful gardens and comfortable villas.The breakfast is delicious and fresh, the staff very knowledgeable and customer service oriented. I Undoubtedly would stay in this place again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2017

Came here in December for the annual Citra beer at Kern River Brewing. The owners are very friendly and nice and of course love the beer as well at Kern so that made me feel even more welcomed! We stayed only for the night since we had plans on our way back home. The rooms were very well clean and spacious for the size we got in our queen room. I cant really complain except for minor imperfections like the the bathroom shower that just needed some spackling and some touchups. Other than that, this place would be a nice spot to visit again during the summer since its close to the river. We will be back soon again Im sure! They also have a nice basic breakfast room in the lounge area with basic stuff like fruits, bagels, snacks and coffee so you cant go wrong with that!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple