All reviews time share huge fireplace mono lake hot tub parking lot sierra mountains the sofa bed exceptional staff two burner stove step back in time updated bath fully equipped with everything yosemite national park bedroom suite enjoyed our stay fish air conditioning
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We had only planned on staying one night, but ending up staying 5. The hotel is charming, and our room (suite) had a great view of the mountains. Love the added 'risk' of bear visits in the parking lot. Famous in the 40s for the Hollywood crowd - Bing Crosby and Bob Hope to name a few. The big staircase leading the lounge is great, as is the 4 sided fireplace in the center of the lounge. Hot tub, great little down, and down home restaurants. Quiet. I will go back.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
karen_okeefe, General Manager at Heidelberg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Thank you for enjoying your stay so much that you stayed longer than planned and would love to come back!

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Very nice setting on east frônt of the Sierra Mountains near June Lake. staff was helpful I snjoyed the spa with mountain views. I came for Mono volcanic scenerY. Fourth time visit in several years. good info available at the Mono Lake Committee building in Lee Vining.

Room Tip: Ask for 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
karen_okeefe, General Manager at Heidelberg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Thank you for your response and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Right in the heart of June Lake it is close to restaurants and bars. Short walk to Gull and June lakes.

Staff is very nice and rooms are comfortable. A little on the expensive side but full as is mist of anyone Lake.

Two spas, sauna, two bbqs for the guests.

No air conditioning so rooms can get warm in summer.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
karen_okeefe, General Manager at Heidelberg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

Thank you for the positive response. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you return.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

I can't say too much about this place as although we spent 3 nights there we chose it purely on its location of between mammoth lakes and Yosemite and for that it's perfect to explore from.
The hotel itself is kinda a pretend Bavarian lodge type affair with lots of wood and a great fireplace.
For us there was one major issue which to be honest we didn't think would matter. No AC, and at end of June we found the room stifling hot to the point we had to try and sleep with all the windows open which helped a bit but unfortunately made it very noisy.
Staff were friendly, there's a lot of signs telling you to do this and don't to that which I found a bit tiresome. The room was large with a sitting area and kitchen which was good.
Not a cheap place and I reckon we could have done better for value and facilities. I am sure it is great in the winter.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gibbo1969
Reviewed 1 July 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights as a base for exploring the Yosemite area and thought it was great. Before I start my review I will say if you are looking for somewhere close to Yosemite this is a good 2 - 2.5 hour drive to the valley. I am happy driving through scenery so this wasn't an issue but it may be for some!

The staff were incredibly friendly on arrival and made us feel very welcome. Out room was an excellent size and very comfortable, with great views of June Lake. The kitchenette was perfect for our needs, although we did have to get a little creative with only a 2 ring hob :-)

The spa and BBQ areas were lovely, again with magnificent views. And the hotel is easily walkable to anywhere in town (although you can walk from end-to-end in about 3 minutes)

If I were to look for something negative all I can say is when we arrived there was the smell of an incredibly strong air freshener which was quite overpowering, and we found the bedroom really hot at night.....although I must admit we didn't really look to see if there was a cooling system in the room.

All-in-all we really enjoyed it here and would highly recommend it if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JonnyLorelei
karen_okeefe, General Manager at Heidelberg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

Thank you for clarifying our proximity to Yosemite. We are located outside of the eastern entrance to the park, only about a 20-30 minute drive to the entrance gate, but then another 1.5-2 hours until you are in the valley among the famous waterfalls. However, Yosemite is more than just valley, and there are plenty of beautiful places to stop along the way. With the rooms closed up after cleaning, the air freshener can be a bit much, but easily solved by opening the windows and let the cool mountain air blow through the windows. We do not have air conditioning, but the mornings and evenings average about 50 degrees, which helps offset the warm days spent outdoors. We hope you visit us again soon!