“Doesn't live up to ratings. Don't order the fish!”

Eagle's Landing Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in June Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Fairly pricey - but not up to standards for the cost. Rated three diamond in AAA Tour Book - definitely not up to par, very inconsistent quality across the menu spectrum. Ate there two evenings in a row while staying at the adjoining Double Eagle Resort. Had filet mignon first night - was quite good; spouse had chicken that was super dry - loosey! Next night I had halibut - overcooked, less than fresh, terrible! Spouse's dish was a vegetarian entree that was acceptable. If you want an good, expensive hamburger - go there, that's about all they can produce.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

The food was not quite up to expectations given the quality of the Double Eagle resort and or its prices. The side dishes were mediocre although the caesar salad was fine. The ribs were very good but the pasta dish was a bit heavy on the sauce and light on the chicken. Breakfast was very good. Having said all that, it may be the best in the area, but that is not saying much.

Service was excellent.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

My wife and I ate dinner here with two friends, one of whom lives about a mile away, has eaten here often and who heartily recommended the restaurant.

First, the dining room is lovely and the mountain and waterfall views from the restaurant are beautiful. We arrived at 6 pm and got the table we wanted. Our server was delightful, as well as attentive and courteous throughout the evening. Our martini's came very dry, as requested, and in oversized martini glasses.

Two persons had "excellent" 3-cheese raviolis. My wife said her crab cake appetizer, which served with a house salad as her entree, was "delicious." I ordered their "Famous Fish Tacos." I'm not sure that anything in June Lake is famous, nonetheless, I found them to be very good. The mahi-mahi was perfectly grilled and the slaw and other ingredients were fresh and tasty.

All-in-all we had food that satisfied us all, in a lovely environment with great service—and to top it off, the prices were quite reasonable.

1  Thank lobo59
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We went to the Eagle's Landing restaurant with fairly high expectations, maybe too high for the June Lake area. The dining room is beautiful with lovely views, but the service is slow, albeit friendly, and the food just average. My husband had their trout and found it dry and tasteless, my salmon was alright. The rice served with both dishes was undercooked. I did discover an excellent wine there, though. It was a John Alan Blend"Malcontent 2007".

1  Thank GiselaE
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I been to Eagle's Landing Restaurant about 4-5 times now and had or seen most of there selections. We always had good service and good meals (just don't order the chicken, tough). For appetizer, we like the crab cakes if available. For entrees try the salmon, filet steak, lamb chops, shrimp scampi, all excellent.

Has spectacular mountain and waterfall views from the restaurant. If you go during summer, dining is available on the outdoor deck. Restaurant is mountain rustic but very new looking. Also has a creek running next to it. If you go on a Friday or Saturday night, make reservations or you may have to wait.

The negative - price! It was the most expensive restaurant for us in the June Lake area. But everything is expensive up there.

3  Thank wshawkins