All reviews get away tiny tv nice place to stay comfortable bed stayed nights fireplace wake woods snow
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I see some negative reviews on this B&B which is disappointing because it is one of the nicest lodges in town. Read reviews for other locations in town and you'll see what I mean. If you have never been to Julian you should do some research. A few years ago when I traveled to Julian for the first time I expected more as well from the town but it's a historic western mining town that truly stayed orignal and a little behind the times in all aspects but is very relaxing and peaceful far from big city living. I've stayed at 5 B&Bs in Julian and this is the first lodge I'm returning to repeatedly.
Amber- Newport beach, ca

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank Amber714
Reviewed 28 December 2010

We were visiting family in the area and picked this B&B because it seemed cozy and cute. After staying only a few days, we wish we stayed a little longer. The area is so pretty! We're avid photographers so we were taking pictures of the scenery all the time. Only thing that would've made it better would be if it snowed but I guess that's not the B&B's fault, they can't control the weather.

When reading reviews, we were a bit scared because someone reported bed bugs but we can say we did not encounter any bed bugs so that was great! Another couple who were staying around the same time as us also read the bad reviews but didn't notice any bed bugs bites from their room either.

Overall, really great and if we're ever spending Christmas in the area in the future, we'd definitely come back here! Staff was really helpful too!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ny_travels7
Reviewed 22 December 2010

folks,
The ad said

"Those looking for a quiet vacation in the wilds of Southern California will enjoy staying at the cozy Tucker Peak Lodge. Just 60 miles from downtown San Diego, this bed and breakfast-style hotel features Victorian décor, in-room fireplaces luxurious hot tubs and complimentary breakfasts".

and i dare to say any different - not at all. The bed n breakfast is a spectacular place. We came for our honeymoon over here. I talked to Maryann over the phone and she immediately acknowledged the importance of the occassion. She said that she will take care of my bride. she arranged beautiful flowers in a vase, rose petals on the honeymoon suite, custom ordered champaigne, ordered a nice fireplace and also breakfast. We couldn't ask for more. Coming from san diego, we expected very impersonal treatment but what we got was very much warm and pleasant greetings, a very much personal attention and a great attention to detail.

My wife and I had a wonderful experience at tuckerpeak the weekend we stayed eventhough we couldn't get to meet Maryann,but our inn keeper Marie made us very comfortable, shared with us the stories of julian and her family pictures. We couldn't ask for more with our trip.

My last words - if you want to experience julian, consider tucker peak...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shiva-n-frances
Reviewed 13 December 2010

My wife and I are very spontaneous and on a Saturday afternoon decided to take a drive. We packed an overnight bag and then of course her suitcase of shoes and makeup. Five and half hours later we arrived in the very charming town of Julian California. Again, not planning this trip we didn’t have a place picked out to stay so we looked on our GPS for hotels. We called a few and decided on this $115.00 a night “B&B”. It’s not a typical B&B witched we liked because you’re not in their house or at least it’s been so remodeled that you actually feel like you’re in a lodge type hotel. The Innkeeper neglected to tell us on the phone they only accept cash or check, so we had to drive back into town to get money. When we returned she was gone and remained that way for approximately 40 minutes. After we stared into the darkness and looked up at the stars for that time; she arrived with a regaling story of her drunken friend who caught up with her in town and how poor he’s doing health wise because he smokes three packs a day and drinks 24 cans of Pepsi a day. Once in our room we noticed that the bathroom is located about 6 feet from the bed and didn’t have a door, only the saloon type swinging shutter doors. Again, we’re married but c’mon… I went downstairs and asked for a different room maybe one I saw on the flyer that had a Jacuzzi tub and a more accommodating restroom, and expressed my concerns with the bathroom setup and was asked “Why? You don’t want to hear her fart?” Unsure how to respond I quietly backed out and went upstairs… The décor and room were nice but again, the bathroom privacy thing was a little off putting. After a decent night sleep I went outside to see a spectacular view that made the check in fiasco so much more bearable. I went inside to see the free “continental” breakfast; MAN OH MAN what a surprise. I was greeted by the same surly inn keeper that was fresh out a bed with a less than delightful smell and socks with holes in them. The breakfast was nothing more than Costco and or Sam’s Club muffins and danishes (still in wrappers) the milk and apple cider was left out and at room temperature so I decided that we go out for breakfast. Knowing what I know now: because of the cleanliness, the view and the quaint room (bathroom excluded) I would stay there again but in a different room and plan on eating out.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coxx110
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We liked that the Tucker Peak Lodge is in a beautiful location, and the innkeeper was very friendly. Unfortunately there was not much else positive about the experience. The room carpet was very soiled and worn. There was an inside-out bathrobe hanging on the back of the door (left behind from another guest?). My bath towel smelled bad and no soap was provided for the shower. Open shampoo bottles from previous guests were offered! The continental breakfast was quite skimpy and of poor quality. This lodge is definitely not worth $155 + tax/night. I was also very disappointed to have to either pay cash for the room or pay $30 more! The owners appear to be very frugal. We will not be returning.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family