Review Highlights
Hiking

Hidden gem after the long hike! Best to start early to avoid the heat. Wanna go back either in late... read more

Reviewed 10 July 2018
Paulette S
San Diego, California
Gets really crowded and not much shade but worth the hike

The hike to the falls was long but pretty easy since it was mostly down hill. Got to the falls and... read more

Reviewed 7 June 2018
BeeS24

All reviews bring lots of water down hill san diego county cliff jumping nice hike permit trickle gov recreation lizards trailhead miles path volunteers
Reviewed 22 July 2007

i love cedar creek falls; however, today i took 4 people with me that have never seen it and by the time we got there the falls was dried up and looked like a pond..... very disappointing. hopefully we can try this next year!

Reviewed 27 February 2007

This photo was taken May of 06. My brothers and I hiked down to the falls. It was absolutely gorgeous. The hike took about 1.5hrs from the parking site to the falls. The pool below the falls where this picture was taken is beautiful. The water temp was chilly but we were still able to go swimming! It was a very scenic and adventurous hike.

5  Thank jonvanagon
Reviewed 23 December 2005

I remember a weekend in April 1978. I was on a three day pass from MCAS Yuma AZ, and myself and two friends spent a weekend camping at the falls. I have always held that weekend as one of my fondest memories.We hiked from downtown Julian to the falls through beautiful farmland and hills. Down a dirt road through a canyon to the bottom and was awe
struck. The pool was an unexpected find as we had no idea where in the world we were, other than just hiking through some nice scenery.
To hear of the fire, and its spoiling after effect made me sick. I am glad to hear it will recover as I approach my fifties I would love to return. I currently live in NH so it's not exactly a day trip, but well worth planning for the future.
I never had my film developed from that hike and wish I had the pictures to share with you all. perhaps someone would be so kind. It would mean alot to see a before and after, or any at all.

2  Thank xj700n
Reviewed 11 July 2005

I went there on July 8th, 2005 and it was excellant. At saddleback we had a notion that the trail went left, but in fact it was to the right. So we went on a mile "warmup" before starting the hike. It is very important to bring lots of water, especially in the summertime. I brought 4 liters but had to give some to my friends. The hike down is a very easy 1.5/2 miles. The falls were very impressive that was the first time iv'e been down there. The pool was anywhere from 4 feet to at least 10 feet. There were plenty of rocks to jump off, but of course thats "illegal". A few hours after we left I guess that guy went missing, he tunring up the next day drowned. Hopefully they don't try to close it or anything like that. Overall the trip was great.

1  Thank Inspire1277
Reviewed 5 July 2005

Was just there today, and came home to see what write-ups existed on the web. Found this, with outdated info. The falls were beautiful, and there was plenty of water. The pool at the base of the falls is anywhere from six to ten feet deep, with sand at the bottom. Plenty deep to jump off the boulders (the highest was about 25 feet), and the water was perfect. Worth the trip.

5  Thank Cosmopolitan15221