“Very authentic Thai Food”

Royal SIAM Cuisine Thai Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Joshua Tree
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

My wife is Thai and a very good cook. Normally she complains about "American Thai" cooking as it sweetened and the usual time consuming Thai preparation is lacking. Not here. In years of hunting around we have found only three restaurants that satisfy her demand for authenticity in the entire L.A. Area and this is one. We visit there about once a week. It is clean, healthy and authentic. Oddly there is a lovely Thai Temple named Wat Santee about 8 miles out in the desert for those seeking mediation.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

We ate here 2 years ago and rated the restaurant favorably. The waitress said management has not changed, but the food sure has. The Thai spices in the tom yum were overwhelmed by sweet sugary taste; spices in the salad were drowned out by gobs of iceberg lettuce and tasteless chunks of chicken. Disappointing.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

Looking for good food? Try this place for lunch. Fantastic lunch specials with soup and more. If you are into spicy food then you have to try their different sauces.

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

I needed something for lunch quickly and this was just the place. I ordered pad Thai and it only took a few minutes for them to have it ready and for me to be on my way. The dish was also very tasty. I enjoyed it.

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

Spice levels are Thai standard. If you are at all sensitive to do spiciness, go for level 2! The reason I'm not giving it 5 is because we waited 45 mins after being seated for our appetizer. Food is amazing ... I'm glad I came here :)

1  Thank Payal B