All reviews hot tub room was clean the managers last minute change of plans national hotel microwave andrea desk pet
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Room was neat and clean. Be warned, bring your own pillow, but the bed was comfy! Very nice to walk Main Street and enjoy the shops, restaurants and wine tasting, too! Not going to give it 4 or 5 stars, but it definitely rates a solid 3. We would choose the intimacy and one on one service of this place over a hotel chain any day.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Edward and Andrea are amazing managers!!! No question if you think otherwise it’s your fault. We were welcomed and wanted from the moment we arrived! My wife and myself are British and need some British stimulation and that is what we got, plus a lovely evening conversation with Andrea!! Amazing the room was clean, spacious with free WiFi what more can you want. The downside was the bath hot tub was $59 for the night which is ridiculous and again it the managers fault!

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

The Jamestown Railtown Motel is by far one of the best places we’ve ever stayed! Check in was smooth with no hidden fees or surprises. Ed & Andrea (on site managers) made us feel comfortable, both are extremely friendly, approachable and do their best to accommodate guests. Both treated us as if we were old friend who stopped to visit.

Our room was very roomy, extremely clean, stocked with linen, refrigerator, microwave and a large desk that we used to conduct our daily business. Our bottom floor room had a window that captured the natural sunlight each morning which made early mornings enjoyable. I slept like a baby, no noise to keep me up. Parking is ample,free, secure the lot was spotless . The hotel itself is set off of Jamestown’s Main Street but if you walk about 600 feet there you are, in the middle of the great shopping and fabulous restaurants that line each side of the street.

I wouldn’t hesitate to call upon the Railtown Motel again for travel accommodations, they made our stay in Jamestown easy and relaxed, thank you Ed & Andrea! Oh yes, we can’t forget Elmore, the mascot and dog who greeted us each day and is such a friendly, playful dog and ensured we had a good laugh each day!

Thank you again, hope to see you soon!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank WillieWheelsG
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I booked a room for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately my son was admitted to the hospital just before the holiday, so we had to cancel our plans.

Even though my son was in the hospital for a few nights (and I offered to send him all the papers showing that), the hotel didn't agree to waive the cancellation fee.

I understand the policy, and the hotel's reasoning, BUT I do expect that the hotel would understand that family medical emergencies happen.

Since I didn't stay at the hotel I can't know for sure, but this doesn't strike to me like a warm understanding family-friendly hotel.

I know I will not stay there in the future when I'll visit the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Tucked around the corner from the main road (but with minutes walk from the shops and vintage railway line) The hotel is quiet and tidy. Our room was large and airy. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I would happily stay again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends