“Amazing fresh sourdough bowls with tasty fillings”
Review of Buddha Bowls

Buddha Bowls
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Isla Vista
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This popular restaurant is right in the center of Ila Vista near UC Santa Barbara they start with incredibly fresh sourdough rounds hollow them out and fill them with a variety of tasty feelings such as pizza toppings teriyaki chicken and mac & cheese I have the mac & cheese with Italian sausage and bacon bits and mozzarella cheese on top they then run the balls through a chain of and toasting in the entire dish. Taking my son suggestion I have them brush the bowl top with olive oil and garlic herbs and toasted along with the bowl. There was so much food I ate this over two meals

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

It was my first time having lunch at this small Bowl restaurant and I have to say that it was delicious: I had the Mediterranean bowl which is basically a salad with greens hummus, good quality olives, feta and chicken or sausage and I enjoyed it to the last bite. I also sampled the mac and cheese bowl, the chili con carne Bowl and the tomato basil soup bowl and they were equally delicious, fresh and balanced. The Bowl is only 8$...so I say go for it!

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

The Mediterranean bowl is so good. Hummus is spread all around the inside of the bowl and all kinds of yummy veggies filled it in. The bowl is topped with slices of avocados and pesto dressing. The bread from inside the bowl was turned into a toasty warm goodness to complete your order.

The clam chowder bowl was also good.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

We go here at least once a month, sometimes more often. Menu is full of bread bowl items. Hearty and tasty meals; and is not for a person afraid of carbs (though they also have salad options). My husband loves the hangover bowl. I love their tomato soup bread bowl with cheesy bread. My son likes their hummus plate.

Service is always professional and with great, helpful attitudes.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

We were with our daughter at UCSB on a college visit and stopped in here for lunch. We really loved our meal. The three of us shared two bowls, the Mac 'n Cheese and the Pizza bowls. They were so different than anything we have had before, we loved it. As vegetarians, it was no issue finding delicious options for us. I would hate to know the calorie count of what we ate but assuming you don't go there everyday, it was well worth the few extra calories!

Date of visit: January 2016