“Excellent Customer Service and Support.”

Super 8 Inglewood/lax/la Airport
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Peoria, Arizona
“Excellent Customer Service and Support.”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I was scheduled to be in Los Angeles for an event and reserved a room with Super 8 Inglewood/LAX 4238 Century Blvd., Inglewood, CA 90304 . While en route I experienced vehicle problems and my trip had to be cancelled. I contacted the staff at this Super 8 location and the manager seemed genuinely concerned and eager to assist me with my situation. All I can say is that I was very impressed with the service and very pleased with the outcome. My family and I will not hesitate staying at this establishment and would recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I appreciated the help that the guys provided me in a difficult situation.

My plane flight home was cancelled and I was left looking for local accommodation at 1.00am, along with 400 other competing passengers. A quick phone call was all it took to get organised, and the front desk was kind enough to help me get organised when I arrived at 1.30am. No fuss, no bother...just what I needed in a stressful situation.

A heartfelt thanks and congratulations on a great job to all!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Houston, TX
Reviewed 26 May 2011

To hell with this place. My how the place has turned into a dump 4 years after I initially stayed here. Had I known how bad it had gotten I would've never stayed here again.

After finally getting thru customs at about 1am, my wife and I waited for the hotel shuttle. In the past there was no charge, but now there is a $5 per person fee which I begrudgingly agreed to. 2 shuttles showed up at the same time. I asked the driver of the first van if he was the Century Blvd Super 8. He said no. I asked the 2nd driver if he was going to Century Blvd. He said yes and we went with him. Well we got off the shuttle and guess what we were taken to a different Super 8. I told the driver, dude I asked if you were going to Century Blvd and you said yes. Where the hell are we then? He said there was only one Super 8. Obviously he was wrong. To boot for some reason I gave the idiot a $10 payment, which he didn't even bother returning considering we were taken to the wrong hotel.

I call the Inglewood hotel and the night desk clerk agrees to send the driver over. When he arrives, it is the driver of the first shuttle that I initially asked. I told him dude I talked to you first and you told me you weren't going to Century Blvd. At this point I'm thinking are all LAX shuttle drivers completely incompetent?

Finally arrived at the hotel past 2am. Remember the $5 per person fee? Well the night clerk tells me it's $7 per person. Even though it clearly says on the Super 8 site that it's only $5. So for a round trip for myself and my wife, $28 was added to the hotel bill. I tell the guy to cut me a break considering the shuttle fiasco and that I already tipped the idiot driver $10 for nothing, No luck. I was fuming mad.

In the morning I simply told the day clerk that I was charged $7 instead of $5. With no argument, he admitted the night clerk's mistake and refunded me the correct total of $8. So you know what this tell me? That the night guy was totally out to rip me off. Satisfaction at last! It was a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Avoid this hotel. Go to the LAX Super 8 on Airport Blvd instead. That's the location we were incorrectly taken to. Since we waited half an hour there, I had the opportunity to engage Sam the night clerk there in enlightening and friendly conversation. And their shuttle is free of charge.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TheAnswer
Los Angeles, California, USA
Reviewed 19 April 2011

My first gut was to stay at the Courtyard by Marriot and we decided to try and save money so we drove to LAX area... My three kids and I have asthma and requested a non-smoking room... the moment we walked through door... the smoke hit us like a ton a brinks! The restroom was far worse! The front desk guy had a I DO NOT CARE ATTITUDE because the room was non-smoking. Gave us glade spray and I asked why was there an ashtray if it was smoke free? LAST STRAW was my lil' 8 yr old girl tell me she couldn't use the restroom because it smelled like cigarette. I complained enough that we were given a suite with a jacuzzi and a king size bed that looked like a oversized twin. My three lil ones - 10, 8, 3 and took the "king" bed and my husband and I took the floor... NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! The neighborhood was not an issue since we're from LA and know how to deal with the "hood"... no biggie... but.. We promised ourselves when it came to traveling with the kids... and with both of us working... we WILL spend the extra 50 bucks... our kids deserve better and so do yours! Asthmatics and those with kids... GO ELSEWhERE!!!!

Room Tip: GO ELSEWhERE!!! That's my tip!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2011

There are two Super 8's, and this is not the one that I thought I booked online. Figure it there is no shuttle between the two..

And then when I finally arrived, my room smelt putrid, the area is outside the 'hotel belt' and I'm not sure I got the rest I needed after my flight.

There's a hostel a few doors down... maybe it would be a better option. Personally, give me a Comfort Inn anyday.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Value Inn Worldwide
#9 of 32 in Inglewood
Westside
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Best Western Airpark Hotel
#5 of 32 in Inglewood

Been to Super 8 Inglewood/lax/la Airport? Share your experiences!