All reviewsroom facingfree shuttle to the airportpanda expresswould stay againflat screen tvbeds were comfortablestopover
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We stayed one-night last minute booking, as we were transiting to Australia and we did not wanted to stayed at the Airport.
Latinamerican staff were friendly and helpful, other reception staff not so much!
room was ok, not much noise.

Room Tip: not near to reception as they close and open the door constantly.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I don't know who in their right mind would give this motel a 3 stars rating. NOT ME. The 1 star is for the staff. The person at the counter was great. It's not their fault they have to work there.

The first thing we noticed was the smell of pot everywhere. It was so bad. We tried to find another place but since it was presidential day and the weekend after Valentine's Day... there was nothing else. We would have had to sleep in the car.... which we should've done.

When we got to our room, the smell of pot was really bad. We had to put a towel under our door just to keep the smell from getting in. We opened the window... We were grateful we could open it. Fresh air came from outside and we thought okay we will at least get a good night sleep. Around midnight... someone decided to smoke weed out their windows and it came into ours. We were asleep by that time so it took a while to notice. I woke up, closed the window but it was too late. .. the smell was in for good.

We were afraid going through customs at the airport because we smelled like we smoked that crap. Thankfully it went well.

I will never ever EVER go back to that motel again. I would rather sleep in the car

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Claudine S
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Claudine, Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concerns you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

The Motel 6 LAX was much better than I anticipated. I've stayed at several throughout the U.S. and this was one of the better ones. Rooms are simple but have been updated and are equipped with a comfortable bed and nice TV. The hotel area seemed safe and is close to the airport. Rooms and lobby were very clean.

The only downside is that the rooms smell like cigarette smoke, even though the hotel is non-smoking. It's not terribly strong, but noticeable.

I think this is a good hotel for the price point.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I needed to stay one night by the airport just to sleep. It was typical Motel 6. Very basic room and had free parking. Price was around $100 while the other chains were around $140. Very little lighting in the parking lot and no shampoo in the shower. Would probably spend the extra $40 and stay somewhere else if I had to do it again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank David R
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

David, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in carrying on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a restful night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for about a month. The rooms are remodeled and appropriately furnished. Nice screen t.v. with ample stations. Vending and ice machines. Laundry room on premises with washing/drying products for sale. 2 elevators and handicap accessible. I found the beds to be comfortable and clean. In walking distance to many places and the bus stop is a minute walk from the lobby. Air conditioning/heat worked well. Pool was very clean. They have multiple handicap rooms as well. On site security evenings and overnights. The not so good issues here are: Wi-Fi isn't free, 2.99 or 4.99. It is quite nosey with the slamming of the doors all hours of the night, some fighting and just carrying on conversations loudly in the halls. I don't know if it is like that throughout the entire hotel but on the 9th floor (smoking allowed in these rooms only) this seemed to be the norm. The few towels that are supplied are very small and non-absorbent. I dried myself off with my blow dryer as I was refused an extra towel or 2. 1 bar of soap is supplied but no other toiletries. Lastly, the customer service was almost non existent. With the exception of Chantel and Laura, the rest of the front desk and management staff had attitude and not helpful at all. Housekeepers are ok.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo