Indian Wells Resort Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
The Inn at Deep Canyon(Palm Desert)
View Hotel
All reviewsfrank's placegolf courselucille ballfrank sinatrapalm springsone bedroom suiteyogurtdean martingroupon deallive entertainmentbreakfast was includedpool areaget awaynice poolpalm desertoff seasontennis courts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Great location so so room with a nice pool area. If your room is over the lounge area it can be loud. Lots of cool pictures of retro movie stars. Nice bathroom and shower. Free breakfast. Cant beat the price for the area. Very posh area older hotel with so so rooms. Free parking also a plus. Lovely views of the mountains.

Room Tip: mountain or pool view not over the lounge
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bogo9545
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I purchased a room here on Priceline in February 2012. Upon check-in I was asked for a credit card. I asked if it was for incidentals, like the mini bar, and if I was going to be charged anything more for the room. The desk clerk said that he "thought" the price of the room was completely covered by my payment to Priceline. I was tired and didn't press the case. Three weeks later, when I received my credit card bill there was a $22 Resort fee tacked onto my account. When I contacted the resort and complained, their response was to email me a copy of my bill with no explanation or apology. Obviously, they didn't care at all that I had been deceived and wouldn't own up to it. Basically they are running a scam on people who book through Priceline.

Room Tip: You have lots of options in Palm Springs, don't stay here. Not because they facilities are bad but because the management will screw you given the chance.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank nozenji
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I found nothing wrong with this place ... I guess the negative reviews come from those who expect the Waldorf Astoria while paying Motel Six rates. Well located, just across from the big Hyatt Complex. The layout is a bit weird, as you walk in the front door in the later evening and right into the bar/lounge. But the place is in good condition, and the service is fine.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Duck1949
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed here during Indian Wells tennis tournament at fraction of cost of Renaissance and Hyatt near by. The decor is nice, rooms clean and service courteous. The beds were ~ok~, but stark contrast to Uber-comfortable beds at the other hotels we visited before/after Indian Wells.
The location is great - especially for tennis - and convenient to walking, running, hiking in the beautiful surrounding area.
Hyatt across the street had incredibly beautiful outdoor pool area, very glamorous, but was double the price. Given the price difference, I would stay at Indian Wells again.

Room Tip: "City view" room is less expensive, but traffic noise makes it impossible to use veranda or enjoy fresh air.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We just spent five night at the Indian Wells as the Dunes no longer operates as a hotel. We found it to be a very good value for a very nice stay. It's across the street from the Esmerelda and Hyatt hotels and we walked their properties and would prefer the IW at less than half the price. The town itself is our preferred choice in the desert, more upscale than really any of the other desert cities in the valley.

The IW is a quiet place with a view over a golf course or the entrance to the course on the cheaper side of the hotel. The free breakfast is served in a nice dining room and is not as good as some breakfast buffets as these have become a battleground for hotels. It does include fresh fruit coffee and an assortment of teas, various breads, juices, cereals, hot oatmeal, and sweet breads.

The rooms are large and in the process of being upgraded to flat screen TV and new carpets. We stayed in one of the older rooms and it was very clean although we did asked to change our room on checkin as this non-smoking hotel offered us a room where we could smell smoke. The quick change to the room next door and we never had another problem. All in all a very nice hotel which is clean, quiet and in an excellent location in the best part of the desert.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple