New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Miramonte Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Larchmont, New York
“Worst Hotel Experience Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Barking dog and theatening guests in adjoining room. Took hours for the staff to address the problem, and it was the middle of the nite by the time we finally got settled in a new room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank jaojmk
MiramonteManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for choosing our resort and I certainly do apologize for your unfortunate experience with regards to the noise from another guest room. This is certainly not telling to the type of experience our guests come to expect from our resort. Again, I apologize and our hope is to have you back with is in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

My husband and I spent 1 night at the Miramonte Resort and Spa while attending the PNB Paribas Open Tennis Tournament at Indian Wells. I must say that after researching online and looking at it's website, I thought the Miramonte looked beautiful and luxurious. I was saddened at the thought that we would only be spending 1 night there and would be getting in late after a full day of tennis. Looking back, I'm glad we didn't spend much time there. The hotel looks lovely from the outside. The grounds are beautiful and the staff at valet and check-in were helpful and gracious. We opted to self-park and found our building with ease. The rooms are located in several different building spread out over the property. Swimming pools and the spa are located in the center of the property. Upon arriving in our room (had to walk upstairs with our luggage) I was greatly disappointed. It looked like a glorified Holiday Inn. I have nothing against Holiday Inns, but when I'm paying $365 for a hotel room, I expect a little luxury. The room was large with a desk and sitting area-and it had the largest flat screen TV I've ever seen in a hotel room. The furnishings and linens looked and felt cheap, the bathroom was tiny and needed some updating. The bed was fairly comfortable, but the tiny foam pillows were NOT.
We rushed to the restaurant for a late dinner, as it was about to close. The menu was a little generic, but we were starving and ordered quickly. I ordered a caprese salad which had no olive oil and only a tiny drizzle of balsamic vinegar on it. I had to ask for olive oil and vinegar to dress it up a little. We weren't offered any bread and had to ask for that also. I got a steak that was cooked as I asked, but it was flavorless. The mashed potatoes had a weird taste, so I didn't eat them. My husband had the osso bucco and said it was OK. We splurged and got bread pudding for dessert-the vanilla ice cream was the best thing about it. We had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning and it was delicious. I ordered huevos rancheros with scrambled eggs and was brought sunny side up eggs. The manager brought me a plate of complimentary fruit while I waited on my dish to be re-made. He was very apologetic and nice. There was a buffet, but we chose to order off the menu.
I will say, that I wouldn't mind staying at this hotel if the prices matched the quality of the place. The grounds and pool areas were beautiful, but the rooms/restaurant didn't seem up to par.

Room Tip: We were in the very back building (Lombardy) and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jennifer L
Thank you for selecting our resort for your visit and for this feedback on your stay. We appreciate both the compliments and the criticisms. I apologize for the issues you experienced in your guest room, as we have several procedures by which such items should be noticed, reported and addressed well before the room was made available for sell to one of our guests. We have discussed this situation with my housekeeping and culinary departments, and the items will be addressed immediately. With that, I do hope the positive experiences and the fact that we will address the not-so-positive ones, will give us a future opportunity for your business and to show you that this is an unfortunate exception rather than an accepted rule.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We had booked the room through a special offer on Travelzoo. Check in was smooth and I was asked if a room on the ground floor was acceptable (it was). The room was large and nice, with a small patio with table and chairs. The decor was nice and the room and dressing area was fine. However, we didn't need two safes. I assume the room had been refurbished and they put in a new one in the room credenza and left the old one in the closet in the dressing area. The bathroom, however, badly needed refurbishing, especially in a pricey resort hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MiramonteManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Thank you for your patronage and your nice comments. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have you back with us soon. I would like to take the opportunity to inform you that the resort will be completing a guest room renovation this summer that will certainly include the bathrooms. Thank you again for taking the time to share.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

What a treat to escape to sunny Indian Wells for our annual conference. What was even better was the way we were treated and helped in all aspects of the organization of our conference at the Miramonte Resort & Spa. The conference services manager truly went out of her way more than twice to ensure that our stay and our conference ran smoothly. The banquet staff, sales manager and corporate group manager all worked professionally and attentively to meet all our needs. I have only positive things to say about every aspect of this hotel. From delicious food at the onsite restaurant to the lush ambiance felt at the spa. This is by far a "must go back" place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
orange county, ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

A resort that bills itself at a "luxury" level should at the very least do routine maintenance checks of major areas. I totally echo what several previous reviewers said--this is the type of resort where the manager will walk around asking you how things are, but they're not really interested in hearing the truth, or actually doing something about it.

The pool cabanas are an embarrassment. The first one has a fist size hole in the roof, which means you have the sun on your face the entire time--the entire purpose of a cabana is to have shade. Also, the drape to the left side is missing a couple of curtain rings, so it does not close all the way--we had to use a hair clip to close it! The cabana on the other far end is missing a quarter of it's mesh roof!!! This is such glaring stuff that one can only surmise no manager has ever walked by the cabanas.

Sunday brunch is good, breakfast is horrible. Everything on both our orders was 100% wrong, nothing but a generic "I'm sorry" was offered. Additionally, white toast was brought to the table coal black--why even bring it to the table, don't you see it was charcoal? Regular bagels are stored with cinnamon raisin ones so they taste like cinnamon raisin. Eggs not cooked as we ordered--like rubber. How about offering some turkey sausage for those that don't eat pork? Very poor variety in the menus. Either pork sausage and bacon, or too healthy i.e., root veggie and egg white. Offering something in the middle like turkey sausage/bacon would be nice.

Spa is good (we are major spa afficionados, so we were not blown away, but we can see why people who don't frequent that many spas would rank it #1 resort spa in North America). AVOID THE VICHY SHOWER AT ALL COSTS! It is not the traditional one that is oval where the shower heads hit you all over, they are one row only and your feet don't even get wet. The vichy shower technicians for both of us were not experienced, and 15 minutes of my treatment was wasted because according to the technician "the plumbing doesn't work, the water takes a very long time to cool down"--she SCALDED MY BACK and I screamed and she still didn't remove it, I had to physically move it away!!!! Then, after that, it was ice cold so I screamed again as I was doused in freezing water!

Not to mention that the vichy shower beds are hard 1000 yr old wood and extremely uncomfortable. They took a meager 30% off that treatment (I paid full price for SIX other treatments) and I had to ask for the adjustment--the technician herself had told the manager of the plumbing disaster and I should not have been put in the position of requesting the adjustment with a scalded back and 15 mins of my treatment time being wasted. Spa pool is filthy with dead bugs and debris.

I called THREE TIMES prior to my arrival to ask that I not be put in a room adjoining another--and guess what? They put me in a room adjoining another! Also, the adjoining door did not close properly--doesn't exactly give a guest the feeling of privacy and safety. Bathrooms are TINY, very outdated, very worn.

Good concierge, and MELISSA (the server at the pool and spa) WAS AWESOME. Housekeeping was good. Grounds are beautiful. Pools are way too cold. Good location and beautiful clothing and shawls at gift shop (we enjoyed shopping there). Not overrun with kids as the bigger resorts like Hyatt Grand Champions and Marriott Rancho Las Palmas tend to be--that was definitely a plus. We did think it was bizarre to have the spa right next to the main pool where you can hear kids play--not very relaxing (don't get me wrong, I love kids) just a puzzling placement in my opinion. Loved the paraben free spa toiletries.

The management needs to get serious though.

Room Tip: Avoid room facing parking lot.
Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank caocgal
We appreciate you taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We take our guest’s feedback very seriously and I have addressed your concerns as mentioned. Concerning your comments about the cabanas the desert had experienced some high winds that unfortunately caused some damage to the structure. These have all been repaired. Additionally, the resort is undergoing a room renovation this summer which will position our resort to have a wonderful room product. I have passed your comments on to Melissa and our concierge team. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to have you back with us in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
7.3 km away
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
12.0 km away
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Miramonte Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!