“Wonderful place/wonderful people”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idyllwild
Strawberry Creek Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Idyllwild B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Our children gave us a gift card to Strawberry Creek Inn and we can't thank them enough. From the lovely and caring welcome by Ian and Rodney, to the charming decor of our room (San Jacinto) and the little extras like snacks in the main room, wi-fi and board games our stay couldn't have been more pleasant. On the downside, the bathroom was very small and you need to bring your own shampoo but that is little enough for the lovely overall experience. Breakfast is delightful, other guests friendly. When my husband mentioned we'd like to go hiking, Ian immediately had a map in our hands and pointed out the pros and cons of each trail. As a writer, I was delighted to find he was an avid reader and made time to talk books without ever missing a beat in keeping his guests happy. We will be back many times I am sure.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RebeccaForster

Reviewed 12 August 2010

I must say I'm confused when other posters comment on the lack of friendliness of the innkeepers. We found Ian and Rodney to be very friendly and helpful. When I called to make a reservation I inquired about appetizers and snacks. Rodney said they were offered on the weekend. I guess he could hear the disappointment in my voice because he offered to make his homemade cookies. Sure enough they were there when we arrived. When I asked if they had non fat milk, a special trip was made to the store. How often do you get that kind of service????? We followed Ian around as he did his chores of feeding the chickens and watering the plants. He was kind and considerate and took time to answer "us cityfolks" questions about raising chickens. The accomadations were clean, comfortable and cozy. We felt right at home and would like to return in the future. If you go in the summer, be sure to check out "Concerts in the Pines" which is within walking distance. Idyllwild is a fun place to visit and Ian and Rodney make it extra special.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kvd
Reviewed 9 July 2010

The organic breakfast was amazing!! Rodney and Ian were fabulous innkeepers and provided us with a comfortable, cozy room with a fireplace. We celebrated my boyfriend's birthday and couldn't have had a better time. Nice hiking areas and Cafe Aroma is a definite must. We will be back :)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anikolaki
Reviewed 16 June 2010

What a blessing to finally find a green B&B where I didn't have to worry about my multiple chemical sensitivities! They went out of their way to make sure I wouldn't have a reaction to anything including food on our first romantic getaway in years. I found the hosts friendly and accommodating, but not intrusive which was great. The hosts pointed us in the direction of amazing restaurants - definitely go to The Mountain Restaurant and Cafe Aroma. The grounds and main house were lovely, the appetizers & cookies were great and breakfast was delicious. The weather was beautiful and it even snowed when we were leaving. The other guests were so nice. The room was cozy, sweet, clean and comfortable. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms and it was a little small for my 6'1" husband with the ceilings and shower, but he still liked the room alot. I loved the window seat, decor and the time away. I did get to peek at some of the other larger rooms and they looked gorgeous. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We headed to Idyllwild to do some hiking and relaxing and chose Strawberry Creek Inn because of other Trip Advisor reviews. I can't imagine a better experience! We were greeted by Ian, the owner, who plied us with fresh vegetable pizza and homemade cookies before we even got to our room. Then he arranged dinner reservations at the Mountain Restaurant (fantastic!) We arranged for a packed lunch for our 10 mile hike on Saturday. Honestly, 10 miles starting at 6000 feet can be brutal and nothing makes a hiker happier than a gorgeous lunch of turkey panini prepared by Ian himself. And more cookies! Our breakfasts were delicious (thank god we did all that hiking or we'd be in serious trouble - homemade croissants!)

So many people were repeat visitors, and you can totally tell why. Everything at the Inn is lovely and friendly and mellow and wonderful. If you're in Idyllwild, let Ian and Rodney take care of you!

Oh and just so nobody thinks this is a fake review, we stayed in the Summer room and it was a little warm for us, and we would have loved to be able to open the windows for fresh air. But that is seriously such a small thing for such a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple