“Great eclectic dining spot”
Review of Cafe Aroma

Cafe Aroma
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Italian, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: TripAdvisor's #1 Rated Restaurant in Idyllwild for 2014 Working in tandem with amazing culinary talent, some of which have gone on to The Culinary Institute of America at Hyde Park, NY and Le Cordon Bleu, the Aroma kitchen team uses classic recipes infused with unique, original ingredients, to create beautiful dishes with French, Nuevo Latino, Asian and SoCal influences. Cafe Aroma proudly supports our local farmers, wineries and brewers and features fresh, organic, and sustainable products, along with vegetarian and gluten free options. A unique bistro-gallery experience, featuring some of Idyllwild's most well-known and accomplished artists, featured in two-month, rotating exhibits. Idyllwild's hippest and funkiest dining establishment, Cafe Aroma is the hot spot on "The Hill." Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner, along with great snacks and desserts and an assortment of bottled micro-brews and local, artisan wines, indoors or out, on our free Wi-Fi enabled patio deck, the inspiration of Cafe Aroma's "accidental owner" for the last 12 years, Hubert Halkin. Hubert's list of deeds is long, including being an Idyllwild resident for many years, Professor Emeritus and Department Chair of Mathematics at UCSD, a mean bridge player, and all around groovy Frenchman. Not to mention...You won't believe what he can demonstrate table-side with a straw and your Osso Bucco bone! Music is one of the cafe's cornerstones, and features an amazing array of talented musicians, known locally, regionally and nationally. It's no wonder that, among musicians, Cafe Aroma's outdoor stage is known as the Madison Square Garden of Idyllwild! The community of Idyllwild is an eclectic collection of souls, comprised of entrepreneurs, artists of every flavor, hipsters and church-goers, authors and meditators, some really cool, old school jazz cats, and a few belly dancers and ballerinas. Cafe Aroma is the gathering place for everyone, the place to "see and be seen" and features the most dog-friendly patio around. Restaurant, Art Gallery, Social Club and a Home Away From Home...If your home was this cool!
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Had a great day trip from Palm Springs to Idyllwild. Cafe Aroma had been recommended and it lived up to billing. Great experience. Fun, quirky atmosphere. We were there for lunch and the food was very good. Very interesting menu. One suggestion: Waitress should have alerted a member of our party that the fish tacos were made with salmon. But overall, excellent experience. Give it a try.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

If you like Italian, (not talking pizza), great entertainment while you eat inside or on a outdoor patio, you will like this stop. Great pan steaks, specialty soups and salads as well.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Coffee is really low quality. Espresso bad too!! Wish they had organic. Food is great and place is nice.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

My girlfriend and I came here on her advice. She said she was here years ago and it was excellent, and she wanted me to experience the same culinary experience.

I can't say enough about the restaurant. It has a great rustic look to it. It's airy and there are a lot of places to sit that are private and romantic. There is a lot of art there as well. We spent half of our waiting time admiring the art. Some really nice pieces.

Our waitress was beyond good. She had a smile the entire time. Not one of those plastic smiles that scream "I'm a phony," but a real sincere smile. She was gracious and attentive our entire meal and was great about answering out questions.

I wasn't sure what kind of wine to order, so she brought me two different ones I could try, based on my penchant for sweeter wines. Classy move. My girlfriend and I ordered the same thing; this delicious pasta dish with pieces of chicken. Prior to our meal we enjoyed some excellent bread. Our dipping sauce was great. Olive oil with a ton of garlic.

We both were impressed with everything. It's a place to go to again and again.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

When you walk into this cozy multi bar dining area make sure you ask for Mikele so she can take care of you either as a waitress or bartender. She's the best.
We stopped by for lunch and enjoyed a nice glass of champagne to start our celebrating 45 years of marriage. Mikele really made us feel at home.
I ordered a caprese with some proscuito and it had to be the best ever. My wife had a great fresh from the garden salad. Just a perfect lunch together especially with the live band playing in the background on the patio.
Great for dinner too. so make it a full day. Ha Ha