Fireside Inn
  • Pool
Quiet Creek Inn(Idyllwild)
Creekstone Inn(Idyllwild)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspam and larryfree moviesliving roomfull kitchenpine conecozy placewithin walking distancesitting areashort walkyear anniversarygreat hikingwould stay here againwe've stayedin townthrushofficemile
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The only place we stay in Idyllwild.Dog friendly,great location,clean cottages and nice staff.Walking distance to everything.Very reasonably priced.All of our favorite places are within walking distance

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

We went for our 4 year anniversary and couldn’t decide between a place a mile away, a more woodsy feel or a place right in town. Well after it started snowing and I could nearly see out my back window that made our decision. And the woodsy place had no wifi. We were a very short walk to center of town and picked up firewood at the store and then went to town. Cozy place, we stayed in Pine Cone which was bigger, cuter,than the other one she let us see, but the sun in the morning above our heads wasn’t the greatest. It was quitet even being right on the street. We rented some free movies from the office for a late night relax by the fire.

Definitely will stay here again!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017

My husband and I have been coming to Idyllwild since 2005 and have stayed here all but 1 time and only because I didn't know of it before. We have stayed in both the rooms and cabins and both are great!! The rooms have a fireplace in them and the bathrooms are nice, great water pressure. The cabins are roomy, we've stayed in 2 different cabins and they were both spacious. Has a full kitchen. Our favorite place to stay in Idyllwild!!!

Room Tip: It is so quiet up there that all rooms are nice, cabins are off main road, it is quiet there too.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Lovely, lovely, and more lovely! Sweet cabins with kitchens, live fireplaces (mind the wind!), pet friendly, dishes and pans supplied and easy to find, and very close close to town. Very reasonably priced and walking distance to the town center where there are a few interesting dining options including a wine bistro--nearly all of which are vegan and vegetarian friendly. For dinner, we tried La Casita which had great Mexican fare and is just over a block up the hill. My vegan girlfriend proclaimed it "the best Mexican meal I've ever had" which is quite a proclamation!! For breakfast we went into town for the Red Diner which was outstanding classic breakfast fare. There is a small movie theater and all sorts of shopping and other attractions in easy walking distance. Definitely a great spot for a romantic getaway weekend! Drive up from the Indio side--the mountain and desert scenery will blow you away! Likewise, you can make some sport of watching the temperature drop on the way--about 30 degrees on the day we drove up! Get up there!! You're going to love it!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Thrush cabin of the Fireside Inn. I needed a quiet place where I could concentrate on a writing project. I brought my little dog and the food I needed and settled in for the week. Thrush was perfect for me! Has a kitchen, living room, separate bedroom, and bathroom. It is rustic but had everything I needed. Chris was especially helpful all week, anytime I had a question or need. She also advised me to come down the night before I had planned because of the snow report. So glad she did as I never would have made it in during the snow! Instead, I woke up safe and sound on a Monday morning with a beautiful snowfall. The place was warm and cozy, and my dog was also very happy there. I brought a sofa cover so she wouldn't leave any hair behind for the next guest. Kitchen appliances worked, had the dishes I needed, large fridge. Hot water in the shower! I can't wait to come back. Thanks, Pam and Larry, and especially Chris for all your help!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business