Ocean Surf Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pacific View Inn & Suites(Huntington Beach)
Oceanview Motel(Huntington Beach)
View Hotel
The Pacific Inn(Seal Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewssunset beachboogie boardsrooftop terracebeach towelsbasic accommodationsfish campbig attractionfree breakfastjacuzzi roomlarge refrigeratoroutdoor showerfamily placebeach tripcrowded beachsmall hotelfelt like homegreat beach location
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We drove south and stayed just for one night to escape the terrible smoke from the Thomas fire in SB and this is where we ended up for the night. I’m very okay with basic, but for the price I was expecting more. The headboards were spotted with liquid stains (hopefully just cleaner!). The worst part was that there is no insulation from noise. A large group also staying in the hotel gathered just outside our door in an open area late at night/early (like 1am) in the morning and were SO horribly loud (and probably drunk). I was getting ready to go yell at them but finally a hotel employee came out, but told them only that they couldn’t smoke there, not to keep their noise level down. They left but came back later, again being super loud. It was very frustrating and not the restful night we were hoping for. I think there is a table and chairs in the open area, and I’d suggest to the hotel that these be removed to prevent people from gathering here in the night. It was an awful night’s sleep.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaclyn J
Deven S, General Manager at Ocean Surf Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Hi,
I apologize for the unpleasant experience your had with us. We will definitely review this matter with our staff and make sure this does not happen again. We take pride in our service and giving our guests an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

I wanted a quick beach getaway from Los Angeles with out having to go far and I found it at the Ocean Surf Inn and Suites. The room was basic but passable with a great balcony, plush bath towels and a nice big TV with plenty of cable channels.

Definitely pay a bit more to get a room facing away from the PCH.

The beautiful beach is truly steps away as are a few restaurants and shops in case you don't want to worry about driving.

You can borrow beach chairs towels and there are board games and novels.

Has a family run vibe that makes up for the modest decor. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing away from PCH
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2017

so my intent was to get as close to the beach as I could get, and this was it after being there for a week this turned out to be the spot. the staff was great , Anna the mgr was the best we wanted for nothing, thanks for making our stay there great !!!.

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing the beach
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Ocean Surf Inn and Suites was a pleasant surprise. The location was great and so was the price! The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are nice and clean. It is within walking distance to some nice restaurants. Taco surf was delicious and the small diner was great as well. The best part is the beach is right across a small street. Don't expect a 5 star experience or room but it's definitely a great little place if you are on a budget.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2017

My husband and I were going to Southern California for a wedding. We decided to make a mini-vacation of the weekend and planned on going to Universal Studios during the day and staying here that same evening. After reading the all the positive reviews and the great price, we made a reservation for one night a few months in advance. I was most excited about being walking distance to the beach, which was the only nice thing about this inn. It was early evening when we checked in, and it seemed a little shady from the outside, but we proceeded. Our room (Room 201) was not what we had expected. It had a funky, musky smell, like old rags, and was dark. The floor lamp was broken and all the furniture was very worn, beaten, and severely scratched. The paint was splattered all over the back of the door. The curtain was hanging off its rail. Even the room decor was shabby-no beach theme at all, like in the pictures. My husband, who usually doesn't say much, said this was pretty bad. We stayed despite all this because we were so tired. It seemed quiet enough, until the other inn guests came in for the night. We heard every step from the guest above us and movement in the lobby just below our room. It took 15 minutes for the water to get warm enough for a decent shower. There was mold in the corners of the shower as well. The free parking under the inn was nice, but there are no lights and it was very dark. It was a very disappointed experience, and we won't be returning.

Room Tip: Don't ask for Room 201
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Deven S, General Manager at Ocean Surf Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Hi Pamela,
I am very sorry and disappointed in myself and our staff for the experience you and your husband had at Ocean Surf Inn. I will immediately look into the condition of room 201 and make the appropriate changes necessary. We take pride in our place and I know we can't make every guest happy with what we have to offer but we definitely do not want to sell a product that does not meet our standards. I want you to please give me a call so that I can refund you for your stay. Again I want to thank you for your feedback and pointing out the issues pertaining to room 201.

Deven Solanki