All reviews sunset beach boogie boards rooftop terrace super helpful and kind beach toys basic accommodations beach items third floor jacuzzi room outdoor shower family place small hotel crowded beach little extras super comfortable bed covered parking luxury resort
Reviewed 13 December 2017

so my intent was to get as close to the beach as I could get, and this was it after being there for a week this turned out to be the spot. the staff was great , Anna the mgr was the best we wanted for nothing, thanks for making our stay there great !!!.

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing the beach
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Ocean Surf Inn and Suites was a pleasant surprise. The location was great and so was the price! The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are nice and clean. It is within walking distance to some nice restaurants. Taco surf was delicious and the small diner was great as well. The best part is the beach is right across a small street. Don't expect a 5 star experience or room but it's definitely a great little place if you are on a budget.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2017

My husband and I were going to Southern California for a wedding. We decided to make a mini-vacation of the weekend and planned on going to Universal Studios during the day and staying here that same evening. After reading the all the positive reviews and the great price, we made a reservation for one night a few months in advance. I was most excited about being walking distance to the beach, which was the only nice thing about this inn. It was early evening when we checked in, and it seemed a little shady from the outside, but we proceeded. Our room (Room 201) was not what we had expected. It had a funky, musky smell, like old rags, and was dark. The floor lamp was broken and all the furniture was very worn, beaten, and severely scratched. The paint was splattered all over the back of the door. The curtain was hanging off its rail. Even the room decor was shabby-no beach theme at all, like in the pictures. My husband, who usually doesn't say much, said this was pretty bad. We stayed despite all this because we were so tired. It seemed quiet enough, until the other inn guests came in for the night. We heard every step from the guest above us and movement in the lobby just below our room. It took 15 minutes for the water to get warm enough for a decent shower. There was mold in the corners of the shower as well. The free parking under the inn was nice, but there are no lights and it was very dark. It was a very disappointed experience, and we won't be returning.

Room Tip: Don't ask for Room 201
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Deven S, General Manager at Ocean Surf Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Hi Pamela,
I am very sorry and disappointed in myself and our staff for the experience you and your husband had at Ocean Surf Inn. I will immediately look into the condition of room 201 and make the appropriate changes necessary. We take pride in our place and I know we can't make every guest happy with what we have to offer but we definitely do not want to sell a product that does not meet our standards. I want you to please give me a call so that I can refund you for your stay. Again I want to thank you for your feedback and pointing out the issues pertaining to room 201.

Deven Solanki
310-702-1908

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem. It's a family place so if they don't like partiers. We're 60 so that's great. I was amazed how quiet it was. We got Oceanview. You could only see a little of the ocean but that's OK. You cross street and walk through to the beach. Very clean!! Comfortable bed. Refrigerator was bigger than usual. Beautiful balcony that you could leave the door open at night. Safe area. Near everything. Would definitely go here again. The only thing we didn't like was the cleaning products were very strong when we got in the room. But that subsided in the evening when we came back. We left the patio door open to air it out.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2017

After initial difficulties in actually finding the place (our fault!) we had an excellent stay...the room was fine,great location,very helpful staff,we couldn't have asked for much more for the price - it was exactly what we were hoping for,thanks to everyone there. Bed was super-comfy,as others have mentioned,wi-fi and TV were fine,it was very relaxing to sit on our little balcony in the morning whilst having a cuppa,watching the fine people of Southern California going about their daily business with the back-drop of the Pacific Ocean a few steps away - bliss!

Room Tip: Choose a beach view room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
deb492, Manager at Ocean Surf Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's nice to know you were able to sit on your balcony and enjoy life around you. Come back and see us again soon.