Well, I've stayed in other Comfort Suites property's and you can tell they are very different given the nature of the ownership I guess. Here is the positives. the room was clean and was not musty or damp. the air worked good and nothing was "broken", I'll stop there. Ok, not so positive aspects. The bed mattress was "lumpy" I didn't even know you could get a mattress to be lumpy in this day and age, unless you stuffed it with straw?, not comfortable at all! The location was noisy, not from traffic, just other guests, the walls were made of paper I think. The TV was old, no big deal, but it must have been hooked up to a coat hanger on the roof. I didn't bother trying the Wi Fi hookup, but I hope it isn't like the TV. The front desk staff, well it appeared to be 2 gentlemen, one I believe was a manager, not sure, but I walked in and received no greeting whatsoever, ok, I don't need a hello, or welcome, I'm not that snobby, but how about a "Are you checking in?", "can I help you?" are you going to rob us??? something, anything other than a blank stare!!! I had to double check and make sure I didn't have a booger hanging out of my nose! So after doing all the intro, the front desk clerk proceeds to draw out my check in process by having a completely unnecessary conversation with his co-worker about some trivial matter that required him to leave what he was doing and show his co-worker something on a clipboard or whatever! Ok, now I am going to get a little snobby, If you work at the front desk at a hotel/Motel here is some good advice(and I have never worked at a Hotel in my life) A. You are the very first impression of any matter to a new guest, other than the outward appearance of the property, you should really try to make a "GOOD" first impression. B. The guest is priority #1 second only to Fire's, earthquakes, somebody getting murdered in the lobby!! and if you do need to interrupt the check in process, there's a little trick, it goes like this "Please excuse me sir, I just need to help my co-worker with a very important matter, my apologies, I will be right back to help you! in which you get a reply, "No problem, thank you!!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites hotel is ideally located in the heart of Huntington Beach, close to the Huntington Beach Pier and Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve. This Huntington Beach, CA hotel is minutes from area attractions, including Disneyland Resort, Downtown Disney's Garden Walk, Knott's Berry Farm, Queen Mary, Universal Studios Hollywood, Catalina Island, Anaheim Convention Center, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, the OC Fair & Event Center, the Orange County Performing Arts center, Bella Terra Shopping Mall, Southcoast Plaza and Block of the Orange Huntington Beach vacation hotels. The Long Beach Airport is 11 miles, the Los Angeles International Airport is 30 miles and the John Wayne Airport is 10 miles from the hotel. There is a wide variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges located in the area within minimum walking distance. Guests will enjoy many full-service amenities, including the free SAVORY STARTS breakfast which features a rotational menu, free weekday newspaper, free wireless high-speed Internet access, Southern California Hotels fitness center, outdoor heated pool and hot tub. This Huntington Beach, CA hotel provides business travelers with conveniences like computer hook-ups, voice mail and access to copy and fax services. Hotel's near Surf City USA. All guest rooms include refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, massage shower head and pillow-top mattress. The Specially designed Theme Suites come equipped with balcony, loveseat and free champagne. Call the hotel direct and ask about Special rates for these elegantly decorated Theme Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Comfort Suites Huntington Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Huntington Beach Hotel Huntington Beach
- Huntington Beach Comfort Suites