“Trip to Huntington Beach”

Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Raleigh Nc
“Trip to Huntington Beach”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Great value for the price. Beds were very comfortable, We were on the back of the hotel and it was very quiet. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed 15 November 2011

i just went down to orange county and my friend recommend me this one and for sure he was right about the hotel. the owner, manager and the staff were so happy to help me in anything i wanted to and for sure in next visit i`ll be staying in the same place. thx guys..

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
florida
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Lumpy bumpy matress, dark, dreary room. For breakfast there were yellowish discs they swore were eggs and slices of bacon you couldn't cut with a chainsaw. If you have to be near the 405 freeway and lots of fast food restaurants, put up with it. Actually, the Lazy Dog Cafe in the Target shopping area across the street is noisy but decent food. But the hotel is a 4 miles drive down to the beach and if the beach and village are what you're after and there are other places closer. Best Western there on Beach Blvd. is much better quality though a little more expensive. Stayed there the next two nights.

Room Tip: Stay back from the street. Lots of traffic.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank FloridaMarvin

Travellers are raving about these Huntington Beach hotels

Reviewed 29 October 2011

Stayed 6 nights first week of October while on vacation. I was very pleased with this hotel. All staff were helpful and pleasant. Daily attention was given to mopping all common areas, indoors and outdoors, the pool area. My room as clean, and quiet. The decor is a little dated, but the complex is definitely clean and cared for. I asked for a quiet room and appreciated a room on the back side of the hotel facing private residences. The room was a little smaller than I anticipated. It took me a day or so to find the hidden refrigerator, which is one reason I choose Comfort Suites chain. I had to laugh when I did find it! The sofa made the room very comfortable for the times I was in the room. Front desk staff, Ray and Joe, were helpful in supplying maps, directions and suggesting options for dining, parking at beaches, etc. Ray was especially helpful in suggesting and making a reservation at another Comfort Suites at my next destination, and providing a highlighted map assisting me to avoid super major freeways. The pool area was small, comfortable with a couple umbrella tables. The breakfast area is small, but sufficient. Breakfast was the usual continental breakfast items which included yogurt and fresh fruit. No hot items other than waffles. Location very convenient Huntington Beaches (10 minutes by car), shopping mall across street from hotel. Tip I learned, if you have a handicap plaque parking is free at Huntington Beach City Parking lots, and Huntington Beach City parking meters at Huntington Beach, although not the state beaches or parks. I was grateful to learn this. Additionally Ray highlighted where the city parking lots were close to the beach. I am definitely planning to return to this location next year and plan to stay longer.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
sandiego
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I can not give you a full report since We Did Not Stay....Unfortunately,I am limited on what I can say in all fairness... Be a Cautious Consumer,,,,Do Not Book Anything Until You Inspect the Premises, Our unfortunate experience left us without a room here at Comfort Suites In Huntington Beach California..not because we didn't reserve a place but because upon inspection the room had a moldy and musty smell which made for an unhealthy place to subject our family to. Our children have asthma and allergies. which places them into a different category than some people. We did bring it to the attention of the management.. we were shown two other rooms. which also were moldy and mustyThey did not supply us with a safe and healthy room accommodation. Have you ever heard of sick building syndrome? or have you ever heard of a California 2001 mold Law? As a consumer you should have the right to cooperative customer service after all the law states if you are renting a room you are considered a "guest" this is the first time in this industry we have been treated so poorly. Credit cards and banking institutions must comply with consumer regulations. So must auto dealerships, hair salons and HOAs and any thing that places us as a consumer verses a proprietor or innkeeper. But, alas this did not happen here at Comfort Suites in Huntington Beach California Oh no, no no, we were forced to pay for a room we could not habitate. Does this sound familiar to any one? It should.. after examining numerous reviews as far back as five years this has been a common way customers have been treated at this particular Comfort Suites In Huntington Beach California. Consumer Alert! Has anyone felt sick after staying in one of their low priced rooms that are in a dark hallway in the older portion of the hotel building? I would invite you to speak up and tell your story to who will listen. Oh I am not an attorney just a concerned citizen.I have a question does anyone know if a consumer state law would supercede a hotel policy in the state of California or any other of the 49 states? Just thinking may be take your trip plannig seriously before you book anything.
Wouldn't want you to be ripped off like we were. My Father always taught honesty and integrity were the way to do business...can't say that is the way this establishment treated our family.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Joanne D
CSHB12, Manager at Comfort Suites Huntington Beach, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
I am sorry of your unfortunate circumstance that you weren’t pleased with our hotel.
We value every one of our guests' opinions and constructive criticism. We have over a 100 rooms and if one or two were not the way you expected it to be, we could have assigned a different room or even upgraded you to a different suite. All of our suites go thru intensive inspection by our staff and management and I can assure you that we will not accept anything less than a perfect, clean and comfortable rooms here at the comfort suites, not to mention, Our facility is mandated by city/state law to keep up to date and pass all inspections, as we do so every inspection. We have general managers and other employees inspecting the rooms daily! We are very honest and compliant with the situations in our hotel and can assure you that we will do everything in our power to ensure all the guests have a nice and valued stay! Again, it is my duty to apologize and we look forward to your return!