“Sunday Steak and Shrimp and a whole lot more”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #9 of 127 Restaurants in Hesperia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 14 April 2017

We got there a little after noon on a Sunday and the place was pretty crowded - not a cheap buffet at $14.95 a person plus drink - turned out to be $19. (Cheaper at lunch on other days)

However, this place was worth it. Big salad bar with lots of different selections. Ribs and Steaks being cooked in the open kitchen for all to see (steaks grilled to order!), Roast Beef, Chicken - Grilled and Fried - , Shrimp, Awesome Mashed Potatoes with different gravies to choose from, Stuffing, Tacos, Vegetables, and more and more. I can't remember everything, Great dessert bar that even had a chocolate fountain and marshmallows to dip in it, lots of pies and cakes, cookies and ice cream and more and more.

A friendly, super efficient young lady named Brittany waited on us. We were never in need of drink refills and had our used plates whisked away promptly when we were finished. She gave us A+++ service (at a buffet !!) She placed her business card on the table.

The card advised us that they have a Camp Corral that offers free programs for military children with priority for those to wounded, disabled or fallen military families. You can help with your donation.

When we left, the front of the building looked a like a ride at Disneyland with the lines of hungry people waiting for the thrill of the Sunday Meat Lovers Extravaganza.

We'll be going back here...a lot.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

In Portland, Oregon, we get Golden Corral commercials about every commercial break. The problem? Oregon doesn't have any Golden Corral restaurant to eat at. There are two in Washington, which isn't far from Oregon, but the closest one is 221 miles away from where I live, myself, and I'm not interested in driving over three hours to get to a buffet.

So, while escaping from a sand storm in the Mojave Desert, I found a Golden Corral in Hesperia. Perhaps it was the threat of death from the desert that I'd just been through, but I found very little to complain about with Golden Corral. The food was good, at least the food I got was good, the dessert bar was inviting, and the wait staff was prompt with drink refills, which was welcome after all the dust and sand that I'd been through throughout the day.

Golden Corral is what Hometown Buffet wishes it was: edible, enjoyable, and worth the price paid.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Good fresh food, changes often, but at times ran out on the line, but forgivable because all was very fresh and good. Chocolate fountain, good fresh fruit..

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Look it's a buffet; and I've been to my share. This one has solid food that's flavored ring and the trays are always full of product. The staff is attentive and willing to refill your drink if need be.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

I had dinner with my wife. The sald bar had plenty of toppings. The choice of meats were good. They had shrimp , roast beef, the different ways of prepared chicken. Fried, chopped into vegs and baked. The steaks were very good. They were not dry. Many people everywhere. The waiter did make sure our Ice teas were always filled up.

Been to Golden Corral? Share your experiences!