All reviews free parking pancake machine hi express room was clean nice hotel minute walk pool and hot tub thai restaurant pacific coast highway staff was friendly and helpful would stay here again the breakfast area hotel is located small gym within walking distance laundry facilities spent two nights
Reviewed 7 April 2017

My husband and i had an amazing time I California at this Hotel. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking or comfort and safety. The breakfast was ok, and I love the hot tub. Great place to get away. The view wasn't too good but it was overall very nice!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HExpressHermosaBeach, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Mary,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. I am so pleased to hear you and your husband had an amazing time at our hotel. I have share your review with all our team at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Hermosa Beach. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon !

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Good hotel alternative to the expensive airport hotels. This hotel is clean and close to both Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach. For me, it provided a nice stay prior to leaving LA.

Although named after one of LA's beaches, it is not too close to the beach. You will need to travel to the beach which is several blocks away.

Room tip: Stay on the beach side away from the PCH
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2017

When we first arrived I let the desk agent know that we were in town for a work project. That this work was night work and we would be working nights and sleeping days, and asked to be tucked into an out of the way part of the hotel. He said no problem, when we rounded the corner into our hallway we were met right out of the gate by the carpet layers who were working thru the daylight hours to re-carpet the hotel. That being said for the next 2 days while we were trying to get some sleep after working ourselves for 14 hr days we got to listen to the carpet layers doing what carpet layers do, the air stapler was the worst noise while we were trying to sleep.

I understand the need to renovate as this is the same way I make my living, but someone could have at least forewarned us in advance.

This problem we could work thru, but when it came time to check out, we did so a day early because we had finished our project. I was informed that I would still have to pay the additional night for one of the rooms because in the words of the desk clerk I had prepaid for the room and it could not or would not be refunded. Add to this the additional $20.00 plus in room taxes per night per room on an already overpriced room, I was not very well pleased.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HExpressHermosaBeach, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Your feedback is very important to us and thank you for taking the time to comment. I am very sorry for any inconvenience you experienced. I can imagine your frustration and we will be using your review to implement improvements to ensure we are offering the best service and accommodations to our guests in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Check in was swift, and the staff was friendly. Unfortunately, they have a slooow elevator; they really should look into fixing that.

Our room was large and seemed newly renovated. The bed was comfortable and had all non-feather pillows...allergy sufferers thank you! Each nightstand had a lamp with a built-in power outlet..thank you! It's such a simple solution that all hotels should have, so guests can easily charge phones and devices at bedside. The room had a microwave, mini-fridge, and coffeemaker.

The bathroom had a shower/tub combo with only slight mold. Housekeeping seems to be mostly keeping the bathroom mold at bay, but a few extra bits--like the floor & baseboard tile grout around the tub--could use a good scrubbing. The extra set of towels was a nice touch! The shower water pressure was good and the hot water stayed hot.

The free WiFi was strong...thank you! The hotel provides free parking in their small lot.

If they keep up the good work, I'll definitely return here the next time I'm in the area.

Trip type: Travelled on business
HExpressHermosaBeach, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Thank you for letting us know that we did a good job for you overall, but also where we can improve. We are pleased to know that Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Hermosa Beach met your expectations. Our staff all work very hard to provide the best experience to our guest and are glad to hear we accomplished that with you. Your comments have been passed to our staff about your comfortable experience with us. We hope you continue to stay with us on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Close to the beach but still close to LAX; great place to stay! Manhattan Beach within walking distance and quick access to the interstates. Rooms are quiet even though the hotel is located on PCH 1. Friendly staff!

Date of stay: February 2017
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HExpressHermosaBeach, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hermosa Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 star review us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We couldn't have said it better, our unparalleled location in and valued amenities make us the perfect choice.

We constantly strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.